Semis Stocks Mid-Day Round Up - Lower: AMD, SNDK, TSM
Published on Monday, 03 December 2012 11:52 Written by Danny Miller
New York, December 3rd (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index is trading lower at $374.24, representing -0.03% from its previous close. The semiconductor index is having an overall mixed day with 17 index components trading higher.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE:AMD) is the top performer of the semis, trading at $2.3, which represents 4.55%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Advanced Micro Devices, the second largest chipmaker in the world have defined support at $1.84 and resistance at $1.97.
SanDisk (NASDAQ:SNDK) is also among the top performers, currently trading at $39.62 representing 1.33% from its previous close. SanDisk, the provider of flash data storage products has calculated support and resistance levels at $38.47 and $40.94 respectively. The other top performer of the semis is Taiwan Semiconductor (NYSE:TSM), which is trading at $17.27 representing 0.82% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Veeco Instruments (NASDAQ:VECO) that is trading at $28.46 or -3.82% from the previous close. Shares of Veeco Instruments, the provider of process equipment solutions have defined support at $26.89 and resistance at $29.75. Also among the worst performers is Texas Instruments (NASDAQ:TXN), which is currently trading at $29.47 representing -1.93% from the previous trading session.
Today, the Semis are outperforming the broad market index S&P 500.
- Microsoft announces quarterly dividend increase and share repurchase program
- Shell Brazil chooses Windows Phone to lower costs and increase employee productivity
- Banks put customers first with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Bing.com and FOX News team up to bring real-time online polling to nightly news; Bing Pulse featured on "Special Report with Bret Baier"
- Industry partners showcase new financial services apps for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8
- Microsoft launches worldwide Office 365 donation program for nonprofits
- InvestorsObserver releases comments on Microsoft, Toyota, Kroger, Sears Holdings, and Men's Wearhouse
- Microsoft launches Xbox Music across iOS and Android, adds free streaming on the Web
- NI Technology Research Updates Outlooks for Ciena, Finisar, Microsoft and Nokia
- Microsoft to acquire Nokia's Devices & Services business, license Nokia's patents and mapping services
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines