How to Play the Setup in SPDR Gold
Published on Tuesday, 04 December 2012 08:56 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, December 4th (TradersHuddle.com) - SPDR Gold Trust (NYSE:GLD) closed the trading day at $166.13, near its 50 day and 200 day moving averages set at $168.56 and $161.55 respectively. SPDR Gold's price action placed the stock above the 200 day moving average but below its 50 day moving average, a setup that signals a possible break out.
SPDR Gold Trust (NYSE:GLD) is an investment trust. The investment objective of the Trust is for the Shares to reflect the performance of the price of gold bullion. The Trust holds gold, and issues SPDR Gold Shares in Baskets, in exchange for deposits of gold and distributes gold in connection with redemptions of Baskets. The sponsor of the Trust is World Gold Trust Services, LLC. BNY Mellon Asset Servicing, a division of The Bank of New York Mellon is the trustee of the Trust. HSBC Bank USA, N.A. serves as the custodian of the its gold.
SPDR Gold seems to be setting up for a tight range between the 200 day moving average as support and the 50 day moving average serving as resistance.
A tiered approach, appears to be the best strategy to maximize possible movements in the stock, as traders could establish a small position in SPDR Gold and wait for the stock to break out above its 50 day moving average at $168.56. Then they could add to the position as momentum builds with the breakout. On the flip side, if support being referenced at the 200 day moving average set at $161.55 breaks, it could signal further downside pressure for SPDR Gold.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Advanced Micro Devices Is Near Resistance
Is Petrobras Closing in to Resistance?
Trading Idea: What to Expect as Boston Beer Breaks Resistance
Rowan Companies Is Near Resistance
FLIR Systems Is Close to the 50 Day Moving Average
Is Avon Expecting Resistance Soon?
Vulcan Is Near its 200 Day Moving Average
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com