Top Performing Dow Component: Hewlett Packard
Published on Tuesday, 04 December 2012 12:35 Written by Danny Miller
New York, December 4th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is lower trading at 12947.8, which represents -0.14% versus its previous trading session close, with 16 of its components trading in positive territory.
Hewlett Packard (NYSE:HPQ) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $13.11 representing 1.83% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Hewlett Packard, the maker of printers and personal computers have defined support at $11.35 and resistance at $13.09.
Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $19.86 representing 1.64% from its previous close. Intel, the largest chipmaker in the world has calculated support and resistance levels at $19.23 and $22.54 respectively. The other top performer this morning is Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT), which is trading at $72.12 representing 1.09% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Disney (NYSE:DIS) that is trading at $48.98 or -0.64% from the previous close. Shares of Disney, the largest diversified media company in the world have defined support at $46.96 and resistance at $49.43. Also among the worst performers we have Home Depot (NYSE:HD), which is trading at $64.61 representing -0.57% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for December delivery is also trading lower at $86.4 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange lower by $0.95 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1404.55, which represents -0.35% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 2984.02 that represents -0.61% from previous session.
- ManpowerGroup Named to 2013 Dow Jones Sustainability Index
- ManpowerGroup: Bridging Global Skills Gaps Hinges on Driving Youth Employability
- ManpowerGroup Solutions' Managed Service Provider TAPFIN Recognized as a Top Performer in Customer Loyalty Survey
- ManpowerGroup: Asian Companies Must Prioritize Leadership Development
- ManpowerGroup Solutions' Managed Service Provider TAPFIN Launches World's First Contingent Workforce Index
- Manpower Employment Outlook Survey Reports Improved Year-End Hiring Plans in U.S., Strongest Since Q4 2007
- Manpower Employment Outlook Survey Shows Most Global Employers to Adopt Wait-and-See Approach to Hiring for Rest of Year
- Align Flexible Workforce Models with Business Strategy to Thrive in Economic Uncertainty, ManpowerGroup Says, As Unemployment Rate Falls to 7.3%
- ManpowerGroup's Exemplary Workplace Practices Recognized for Fourth Consecutive Year
- ManpowerGroup on the Best Practices in Recruitment Process Outsourcing
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines