Is Energy Select Sector SPDR Setting for a Break Out?
Published on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 09:00 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, December 5th (TradersHuddle.com) - Energy Select Sector SPDR (NYSE:XLE) closed the trading day at $70.41, near its 50 day and 200 day moving averages set at $72.01 and $70.28 respectively. Energy Select Sector SPDR's price action placed the stock above the 200 day moving average but below its 50 day moving average, a setup that signals a possible break out.
Energy Select Sector SPDR (NYSE:XLE) is an ETF that seeks to provide investment results that correspond to the price and yield performance of the Energy Select Sector of the S&P 500 Index. Energy companies in the Index primarily develop and produce crude oil and natural gas, and provide drilling and other energy-related services. The Fund utilizes a passive or indexing investment approach to attempt to approximate the investment performance of the Index.
Energy Select Sector SPDR seems to be setting up for a tight range between the 200 day moving average as support and the 50 day moving average serving as resistance.
A tiered approach, appears to be the best strategy to maximize possible movements in the stock, as traders could establish a small position in Energy Select Sector SPDR and wait for the stock to break out above its 50 day moving average at $72.01. Then they could add to the position as momentum builds with the breakout. On the flip side, if support being referenced at the 200 day moving average set at $70.28 breaks, it could signal further downside pressure for Energy Select Sector SPDR.
- Universal Technical Institute Hosts Bi-Annual Car Seat Inspection Event on Campus
- NASCAR Technical Institute Partners with Championship-Winning K&N Engineering
- Universal Technical Institute's 11 Campuses Awarded 2014 Military Friendly Schools ® Designation
- Universal Technical Institute Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Hendrickson International Establishes Jerry Reynolds Memorial Scholarship with Universal Technical Institute (UTI) Foundation
- NASCAR Technical Institute Celebrates 10 Years of Fueling the Industry with Graduates Who Are "Chosen by Industry. Ready to Work. Ready to Race."
- Universal Technical Institute's National Director of High School Development Named to STEM Education Coalition Leadership Council
- Universal Technical Institute Reports Fiscal Year 2013 Third Quarter Results
- Universal Technical Institute Marks Milestone Anniversary
- Universal Technical Institute Schedules Fiscal 2013 Third Quarter Earnings Release and Conference Call - Revised
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines