Dow Jones Round Up - Lower: HPQ, CAT, MSFT
Published on Thursday, 13 December 2012 12:35 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, December 13th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is lower trading at 13202.3, which represents -0.33% versus its previous trading session close, with 16 of its components trading in positive territory.
Hewlett Packard (NYSE:HPQ) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $14.62 representing 0.62% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Hewlett Packard, the maker of printers and personal computers have defined support at $11.35 and resistance at $14.59.
Caterpillar (NYSE:CAT) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $88.48 representing 0.6% from its previous close. Caterpillar, the largest earth moving equipment maker in the world has calculated support and resistance levels at $80.16 and $85.12 respectively. The other top performer this morning is Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT), which is trading at $27.37 representing 0.48% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Merck (NYSE:MRK) that is trading at $44.63 or -1.39% from the previous close. Shares of Merck, the maker of Singulair and Zocor have defined support at $42.36 and resistance at $48.00. Also among the worst performers we have Boeing (NYSE:BA), which is trading at $74.71 representing -1.01% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for December delivery is also trading lower at $86.4 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange lower by $0.95 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1422.32, which represents -0.43% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 2997.78 that represents -0.53% from previous session.
- Tennis Channel's First TV Everywhere Application Enabled by Level 3
- Level 3 Honored as "Top Company of the Year in Telecom" by ColoradoBiz Magazine
- Growing Demand for High-Quality Global Broadcast Solutions in South Africa Leads to Level 3 Vyvx Expansion
- Critical Alerts For Lowes, Merck, Express Scripts, VMware, and Level 3 Communications Released By InvestorsObserver
- Level 3 to Present at Investor Conferences
- Lacoste Optimizes Customer Service Capabilities Across Brazil
- Praxair Colombia Selects Level 3 to Enhance Operational Efficiency and Security
- Hexcel Corporation Selects Level 3's Global Network Services to Support International Growth
- State of South Carolina Awards Web and Audio Conferencing Contract to Level 3
- Level 3 Announces Refinancing of $815 Million Term Loan
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines