Brokers Higher In Focus:ETFC, NMR, AMTD
Published on Thursday, 13 December 2012 17:07 Written by Christian Paolinetti
New York, December 13th (TradersHuddle.com) - The overall market traded lower with the S&P 500 losing 0.63%. Stocks of Broker / Dealers traded higher, with NYSE Broker/Dealer index closing the session at $88.232, which represents 0.35% versus previous day close. The index , it had 6 out of 10 components trading higher.
E*TRADE (NASDAQ:ETFC) was the top performer of the sector today, closing at $8.37 representing 1.45% versus the previous trading session. Shares of E*TRADE, the online brokerage and financial services provider for individual retail investors, have defined support at $7.70 and resistance at $8.60.
Nomura (NYSE:NMR) was also among the top performers, closed the trading session at $4.29 representing 1.3% from its previous close. Nomura, the global finanicial services company based in Tokyo, Japan has calculated support and resistance levels at $3.50 and $4.20 respectively. The other top performer was TD Ameritrade (NASDAQ:AMTD), which closed the trading session at $16.59 representing 0.97% from the previous session.
The sector's worst performers include Jefferies (NYSE:JEF) that closed the trading session at $18.1 or -1.36% from the previous close. Shares of Jefferies, the independent full service global securities services and investment banking firm have defined support at $15.30 and resistance at $18.01. Also among the worst performers was Ameriprise (NYSE:AMP), which closed the trading session at $61.38 representing -0.84% from the previous session.
- Microsoft announces quarterly dividend increase and share repurchase program
- Shell Brazil chooses Windows Phone to lower costs and increase employee productivity
- Banks put customers first with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Bing.com and FOX News team up to bring real-time online polling to nightly news; Bing Pulse featured on "Special Report with Bret Baier"
- Industry partners showcase new financial services apps for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8
- Microsoft launches worldwide Office 365 donation program for nonprofits
- InvestorsObserver releases comments on Microsoft, Toyota, Kroger, Sears Holdings, and Men's Wearhouse
- Microsoft launches Xbox Music across iOS and Android, adds free streaming on the Web
- NI Technology Research Updates Outlooks for Ciena, Finisar, Microsoft and Nokia
- Microsoft to acquire Nokia's Devices & Services business, license Nokia's patents and mapping services
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines