Is Energy Select Sector SPDR Breaking Out?
Published on Wednesday, 19 December 2012 09:14 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, December 19th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Energy Select Sector SPDR (NYSE:XLE) closed the session at $73.19 just above calculated resistance at $71.61. The stock effectively broke out and grasped the attention of momentum traders, which could eventually push the stock to a different trading range.
Energy Select Sector SPDR (NYSE:XLE) is an ETF that seeks to provide investment results that correspond to the price and yield performance of the Energy Select Sector of the S&P 500 Index. Energy companies in the Index primarily develop and produce crude oil and natural gas, and provide drilling and other energy-related services. The Fund utilizes a passive or indexing investment approach to attempt to approximate the investment performance of the Index.
The stock was trading in a well defined range with support at $67.77 and resistance at $71.61. Given that this range was broken, traders will be closely monitoring Energy Select Sector SPDR's price action to gather clues on the future direction.
From a technical perspective, it can be expected that previous resistance becomes support, as the new range gets defined. However, given that Energy Select Sector SPDR is still near the broken resistance level, traders will be focusing on the $71.61 level to see if the stock holds the breakout without rolling over.
- Universal Technical Institute Hosts Bi-Annual Car Seat Inspection Event on Campus
- NASCAR Technical Institute Partners with Championship-Winning K&N Engineering
- Universal Technical Institute's 11 Campuses Awarded 2014 Military Friendly Schools ® Designation
- Universal Technical Institute Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Hendrickson International Establishes Jerry Reynolds Memorial Scholarship with Universal Technical Institute (UTI) Foundation
- NASCAR Technical Institute Celebrates 10 Years of Fueling the Industry with Graduates Who Are "Chosen by Industry. Ready to Work. Ready to Race."
- Universal Technical Institute's National Director of High School Development Named to STEM Education Coalition Leadership Council
- Universal Technical Institute Reports Fiscal Year 2013 Third Quarter Results
- Universal Technical Institute Marks Milestone Anniversary
- Universal Technical Institute Schedules Fiscal 2013 Third Quarter Earnings Release and Conference Call - Revised
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines