Novellus Systems - Top Performing Semiconductor - Mid-Day Update
Published on Thursday, 20 December 2012 11:52 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, December 20th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index is trading lower at $387.4, representing -0.53% from its previous close. The semiconductor index is having an overall mixed day with 13 index components trading higher.
Novellus Systems (NASDAQ:NVLS) is the top performer of the semis, trading at $31.8, which represents 32.2%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Novellus Systems, the equipment maker used for chips manufacturing have defined support at $41.80 and resistance at $47.32.
MEMC Electronic Materials (NYSE:WFR) is also among the top performers, currently trading at $3.33 representing 1.83% from its previous close. MEMC Electronic Materials, the silicon wafers producer has calculated support and resistance levels at $2.15 and $3.30 respectively. The other top performer of the semis is (), which is trading at $24.9 representing 0.85% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Marvell (NASDAQ:MRVL) that is trading at $8.56 or -1.72% from the previous close. Shares of Marvell, the maker of integrated circuits for communications-related markets have defined support at $8.15 and resistance at $8.96. Also among the worst performers is Cirrus Logic (NASDAQ:CRUS), which is currently trading at $27.95 representing -1.48% from the previous trading session.
Today, the Semis are underperforming the broad market index S&P 500.
- PV Enterprises International, Inc. (PVE) enters into an agreement with Invisosoft, Inc. ( A Global Visual Communications Company ) to develop a Maritime Visual Communication Platform
- PV Enterprises International announcement Time charter awarded.
- PV Enterprises International announces Time Charter awarded
- PV Enterprises International, Inc. Messages to shareholders regarding FINRA
- PV Enterprises International, Inc. (OTC Pink: VDSC) Announces the Spinoff of its subsidiary IMAG Group, Inc. formerly known as Red Tide Defense Group and the Filing with FINRA
- News Message from CEO of PV Enterprises International to its Shareholders
- Message from CEO to Shareholders
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines