Novellus Systems - Top Performing Semiconductor - Mid-Day Update
Published on Thursday, 20 December 2012 11:52 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, December 20th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index is trading lower at $387.4, representing -0.53% from its previous close. The semiconductor index is having an overall mixed day with 13 index components trading higher.
Novellus Systems (NASDAQ:NVLS) is the top performer of the semis, trading at $31.8, which represents 32.2%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Novellus Systems, the equipment maker used for chips manufacturing have defined support at $41.80 and resistance at $47.32.
MEMC Electronic Materials (NYSE:WFR) is also among the top performers, currently trading at $3.33 representing 1.83% from its previous close. MEMC Electronic Materials, the silicon wafers producer has calculated support and resistance levels at $2.15 and $3.30 respectively. The other top performer of the semis is (), which is trading at $24.9 representing 0.85% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Marvell (NASDAQ:MRVL) that is trading at $8.56 or -1.72% from the previous close. Shares of Marvell, the maker of integrated circuits for communications-related markets have defined support at $8.15 and resistance at $8.96. Also among the worst performers is Cirrus Logic (NASDAQ:CRUS), which is currently trading at $27.95 representing -1.48% from the previous trading session.
Today, the Semis are underperforming the broad market index S&P 500.
- Shares of F5 Networks Hesitating?
- Trading Idea - Westar Energy A Doji Close
- US Airways Short term Bullish Reversal
- GameStop - Shares Seeking Direction
- J.C. Penney Bullish Engulfing Formed
- Bulls in Charge of QIAGEN
- Trading Idea: - Is General Electric close to Resistance?
- Agnico Eagle Mines Limited Announces Investment in Probe Mines Limited
- Bulls taking Control of SkyWest?
- Lifshitz Law Firm Announces Investigation of Mayflower Bancorp, Inc., Multiband Corporation, rue21, inc., and SoundBite Communications
Related Partner Headlines
- UPDATE: Jefferies & Company Reiterates Hold Rating, Lowers PT on Marvell Technology Group Ltd. - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Stifel Nicolaus Cuts PT to $10 on Marvell Technology Group; Mobile Competition - Benzinga
- UPDATE: D.A. Davidson Reiterates Buy Rating, Lowers PT on Marvell Technology Group - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Stifel Nicolaus Lowers PT to $11 on Marvell Technology Group on Lower Estimates Ahead - Benzinga
- Benzinga Mid-Afternoon Market Update - Benzinga
- Marvell Technology Group Stock Hits New 52-Week Low (MRVL) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Credit Suisse Downgrades Marvell Technology Group to Neutral on Pre-Announcement - Benzinga
- UPDATE: ACI Research Upgrades Marvell Technology Group to Hold on Windows 8 Transition - Benzinga
- Semiconductors Stocks, Including NXP, Making Big Moves on October 19, 2012 - Investopedia
- UPDATE: FBR Capital Markets Downgrades Marvell Technology Group to Market Perform on Risks - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,294.50 Trade time:4:53PM EDT Value change:▼12.67 (-0.08%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,650.51 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼4.84 (-0.29%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.42 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼3.88 (-0.11%)
In The Wires
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Named the 2013 Life Science Firm of the Year by the Tech Council of Maryland
Agnico Eagle Mines Limited Announces Investment in Probe Mines Limited
Lifshitz Law Firm Announces Investigation of Mayflower Bancorp, Inc., Multiband Corporation, rue21, inc., and SoundBite Communications
PrivateBancorp Stockholders Approve All Proposals
Santa Cruz County Bank Declares Cash Dividend
Acquisition of rue21, inc. by Funds Advised by the Private Equity Firm Apax Partners May Not Be in the Best Interests of rue21 Shareholders
Viking Minerals Inc: The Company enters into final negotiations to acquire Multi-Million dollar Coal Resource on profit sharing basis.
Crest Supplements its Proxy Statement Opposing Revised Terms for Sprint-Clearwire Merger