TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Lower Top Performers: WMT, JNJ, AXP
Published on Friday, 21 December 2012 12:35 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, December 21st (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is lower trading at 13140.1, which represents -1.29% versus its previous trading session close, with all of its components trading negatively.
Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $68.94 representing -0.09% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Wal-Mart, the biggest retailer in the world have defined support at $68.74 and resistance at $72.60.
JNJ (NYSE:JNJ) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $70.5 representing -0.35% from its previous close. JNJ, the consumer health care products company maker of Tylenol and Sudafed has calculated support and resistance levels at $70.75 and $70.75 respectively. The other top performer this morning is American Express (NYSE:AXP), which is trading at $57.19 representing -0.37% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Bank of America (NYSE:BAC) that is trading at $11.21 or -2.73% from the previous close. Shares of Bank of America, the largest U.S. lender have defined support at $9.38 and resistance at $10.71. Also among the worst performers we have Caterpillar (NYSE:CAT), which is trading at $87.44 representing -2.31% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for December delivery is also trading lower at $86.67 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange lower by $1.22 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is outperforming the S&P 500, but under performing the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1424.31, which represents -1.34% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 3050.39 that represents 0% from previous session.
- Microsoft announces quarterly dividend increase and share repurchase program
- Shell Brazil chooses Windows Phone to lower costs and increase employee productivity
- Banks put customers first with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Bing.com and FOX News team up to bring real-time online polling to nightly news; Bing Pulse featured on "Special Report with Bret Baier"
- Industry partners showcase new financial services apps for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8
- Microsoft launches worldwide Office 365 donation program for nonprofits
- InvestorsObserver releases comments on Microsoft, Toyota, Kroger, Sears Holdings, and Men's Wearhouse
- Microsoft launches Xbox Music across iOS and Android, adds free streaming on the Web
- NI Technology Research Updates Outlooks for Ciena, Finisar, Microsoft and Nokia
- Microsoft to acquire Nokia's Devices & Services business, license Nokia's patents and mapping services
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines