TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Lower Top Performers: WMT, JNJ, AXP
Published on Friday, 21 December 2012 12:35 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, December 21st (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is lower trading at 13140.1, which represents -1.29% versus its previous trading session close, with all of its components trading negatively.
Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $68.94 representing -0.09% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Wal-Mart, the biggest retailer in the world have defined support at $68.74 and resistance at $72.60.
JNJ (NYSE:JNJ) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $70.5 representing -0.35% from its previous close. JNJ, the consumer health care products company maker of Tylenol and Sudafed has calculated support and resistance levels at $70.75 and $70.75 respectively. The other top performer this morning is American Express (NYSE:AXP), which is trading at $57.19 representing -0.37% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Bank of America (NYSE:BAC) that is trading at $11.21 or -2.73% from the previous close. Shares of Bank of America, the largest U.S. lender have defined support at $9.38 and resistance at $10.71. Also among the worst performers we have Caterpillar (NYSE:CAT), which is trading at $87.44 representing -2.31% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for December delivery is also trading lower at $86.67 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange lower by $1.22 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is outperforming the S&P 500, but under performing the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1424.31, which represents -1.34% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 3050.39 that represents 0% from previous session.
- TradersHuddle Dow's Update, In focus:KO, HPQ, CAT, VZ, BA
- The Range Is Tightening in Bank of America
- Worst Performing Dow Component: Procter
- Sam's Club Supports Small Business in Southern California
- Johnson & Johnson Announces Definitive Agreement To Acquire Aragon Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- TradersHuddle Dow's Update, In focus:VZ, PFE, TRV, DD, AXP
- Critical Alerts For Walmart, Yahoo, KLA Tencor, Ulta Salon Cosmetics, and Live Nation Released By InvestorsObserver
- New 1-DAY ACUVUE® TruEye® Brand Contact Lenses (narafilcon A) Now Available In U.S.
- Reference Points for Bank of America
- Dow Jones Round Up - Lower: HPQ, MSFT, PFE
Related Partner Headlines
- WalMart May Still Get Its Bank: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- Banks Cough Up $26.1 Billion in Mortgage Relief - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America, MBIA Death Match Hurts Both: Moody's - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America Will Cut to Hit Earnings: Analyst - TheStreet.com
- Why the U.S. Stinks at Mobile Payments: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- Local Businesses Take on Big-Box Retailers - TheStreet.com
- 3 Things You Should Know About Small Business: Nov. 16 - TheStreet.com
- Big Bank Break-Ups Need to Wait: Dudley - TheStreet.com
- Walmart's "Meh" Quarter Doesn't Excite Investors (WMT, TGT, COST, AMZN) - Investopedia
- Dow Today: Wal-Mart Stores (WMT) Lower - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,297.07 Trade time:1:25PM EDT Value change:▼21.16 (-0.14%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.68 Trade time:1:25PM EDT Value change:▼2.13 (-0.13%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,476.19 Trade time:1:25PM EDT Value change:▼5.99 (-0.17%)
In The Wires
Corvex and Related Respond to CommonWealth REIT's Misleading Statements Regarding Effects of Consent Solicitation on Debt Obligations
Bell Aliant announces redemption price for 4.95 per cent medium term notes due February 2014
Domtar and First Book Expand Partnership for Literacy
Gavin Patterson to be appointed chief executive of BT Group
Continental Announces Visionaire Energy Management Team
Ur-Energy to Present at the Global Hunter Securities 100 Energy Conference
Red Oak Partners Criticizes Digirad Tax Loss Rights Plan as Poorly Conceived and Instead as Attempt to Entrench Directors
Royal Dutch Shell plc: Buyback of Own Shares