TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Lower Top Performers: HD, MMM, AA
Published on Monday, 24 December 2012 12:35 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, December 24th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is lower trading at 13130, which represents -0.46% versus its previous trading session close, with only five of its components trading in the green.
Home Depot (NYSE:HD) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $61.95 representing 1.03% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Home Depot, the home improvement retailer have defined support at $61.79 and resistance at $64.89.
3M (NYSE:MMM) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $93.44 representing 0.37% from its previous close. 3M, the maker of Post-It notes and Scotch tape has calculated support and resistance levels at $87.41 and $91.97 respectively. The other top performer this morning is Alcoa (NYSE:AA), which is trading at $8.6 representing 0.35% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Hewlett Packard (NYSE:HPQ) that is trading at $13.98 or -2.51% from the previous close. Shares of Hewlett Packard, the maker of printers and personal computers have defined support at $14.04 and resistance at $14.83. Also among the worst performers we have Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT), which is trading at $27.04 representing -1.49% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for December delivery is also trading lower at $86.67 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange lower by $1.22 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is lagging the S&P 500 and NASDAQ Composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1424.72, which represents -0.38% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 3050.39 that represents 0% from previous session.
- Dow's Top Performers :PG, WMT, CSCO
- The Home Depot Declares First Quarter Dividend Of 39 Cents
- Top Performing Dow Component: Hewlett Packard
- The Home Depot to Speak at Goldman Sachs Fourth Annual dotCommerce Day
- TradersHuddle Dow's Update, In focus:PFE, HD, JPM, MSFT, CSCO
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: HD, JPM, MCD
- Leading Investment Service Previews Earnings for Salesforce.com, NetApp, H-P, Target & Others
- Top Tech Analyst Previews Earnings for Analog Devices, Hewlett-Packard, and Marvell Technology Group
- The Home Depot Foundation Creates $1 Million Fund for Spring Storm Relief and Recovery Efforts
- The Home Depot Announces First Quarter Results; Raises Fiscal Year 2013 Guidance
Related Partner Headlines
- Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: Home Depot (HD) Higher - TheStreet.com
- Dow Component 3M (MMM) To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow - TheStreet.com
- 3M Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow (MMM) - TheStreet.com
- Hewlett-Packard Co (HPQ): Today's Featured Computer Hardware Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: 3M (MMM) Leads The Day Higher, Chevron (CVX) Lags - TheStreet.com
- Hewlett-Packard Fourth Quarter Earnings Preview - Investopedia
- 3M Co (MMM): Today's Featured Conglomerates Laggard - TheStreet.com
- For Home Depot At Least, The Recovery Looks Real Enough (HD, LOW, DE, RPM) - Investopedia
- The Day Ahead: Are You Acting Like an Elephant? - TheStreet.com
Recent Trading Ideas
Chesapeake Energy Is Close to Resistance
Windstream Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Applied Materials Is Close to Resistance
E*TRADE is Near a Key Support Area
First Solar is Near a Key Support Area
Trading Idea: Is Monster Worldwide close to Support?
Trading Idea: - Is Walgreen close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:35PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
ForexMinute.com Now Listing Top Bitcoin Exchanges and Offering Forex Bitcoin Trading
idcloak Launches Proxy Web Browser for Blocked Facebook Users
Zane Benefits Publishes New Information on the Health Insurance Marketplaces
Great Discounts Now: DressFirst.com's Prom Dresses
JM Internet (@jmgrp) Releases Small Business SEO Tip on Google Penguin Update 2.0
TideBuy.com Released Its New Bridal Lingerie Collection To Enrich Its Product Line
HomeThangs.com Introduces A Guide To Very Small Bathroom Vanities
Discounted Wedding Accessories Now At TBdress.com