Trading Idea - DryShips A Doji Close
Published on Wednesday, 26 December 2012 04:27 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, December 26th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of DryShips Inc. (NASDAQ:DRYS) closed the trading day lower by $0.03 or -1.73% from its previous close. DryShips' price action formed what is considered to be a doji close, where the open and close prices are very close to each other, mainly signaling an indecision between buyers and sellers.
DryShips Inc. (NASDAQ:DRYS) owns and operates drybulk carriers. The company transports commodities like iron ore, coal, and grain, and minor bulks such as phosphate and steel products. DryShips also owns Ultra Deep Water drilling rigs.
DryShips' trading range is defined by a trough, which marked calculated support at $1.70 and by a peak that set the resistance point at $1.85. These levels are closely watched by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in DryShips or traders that are already holding the stock can use the doji close to their advantage, since the pattern present a short-term pause in the stock's price action. This pause results in an entry point for traders depending of which way the stock resolves this short-term indecision.
The Doji is an important candlestick pattern that provides information on their own and as components in a number of important patterns. Doji form when a security's open and close are virtually equal. The length of the upper and lower shadows can vary and the resulting candlestick looks like a cross, inverted cross or plus sign. Alone, doji are neutral patterns.
Any bullish or bearish bias is based on preceding price action and future confirmation. In the case of DryShips, given that the stock finished the session lower, bears should monitor the stock, as it could reverse if it manages to trade above its intraday high. Below a Doji illustration:
- Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. Sued by Investor
- Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. Receives Bank Waiver Under Credit Facility
- Meadowbrook's Comment on Class Action Complaint
- Harwood Feffer LLP Announces Investigation of Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc.
- Ryan & Maniskas, LLP Announces Class Action Lawsuit Against Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc.
- Pomerantz Law Firm has filed a Class Action Against Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. and Certain Officers - MIG
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Pomerantz Law Firm Investigates Claims On Behalf of Investors of Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. -- MIG
- Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. Announces That It Has Filed A Form 12b-25 To Allow The Filing Of The Company's Form 10-Q By August 14, 2013
- Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. Announces Agreement to Provide "A" Rated Policy Issuance Solution
- Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. Comments On A.M. Best Decision To Downgrade Rating For Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. And Its Subsidiaries
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines