Dow Jones Round Up - Lower: AXP, MMM, UNH
Published on Friday, 28 December 2012 12:35 Written by Danny Miller
New York, December 28th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is lower trading at 13038.8, which represents -0.44% versus its previous trading session close, with only two of its components trading in the green.
American Express (NYSE:AXP) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $56.98 representing 0.51% versus the previous trading session. Shares of American Express, the credit card issuer and travel services company have defined support at $53.02 and resistance at $58.35.
3M (NYSE:MMM) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $92.65 representing 0.01% from its previous close. 3M, the maker of Post-It notes and Scotch tape has calculated support and resistance levels at $87.41 and $91.97 respectively. The other top performer this morning is United Health (NYSE:UNH), which is trading at $54.43 representing -0.02% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Hewlett Packard (NYSE:HPQ) that is trading at $13.78 or -1.85% from the previous close. Shares of Hewlett Packard, the maker of printers and personal computers have defined support at $13.91 and resistance at $14.83. Also among the worst performers we have Chevron (NYSE:CVX), which is trading at $107.15 representing -1.26% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for December delivery is also trading lower at $0 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange lower by $0 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is lagging the S&P 500 and NASDAQ Composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 0, which represents 0% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 0 that represents 0% from previous session.
- Dow's Top Performers :PG, WMT, CSCO
- Top Performing Dow Component: Hewlett Packard
- Reference Points for United Health
- Leading Investment Service Previews Earnings for Salesforce.com, NetApp, H-P, Target & Others
- Top Tech Analyst Previews Earnings for Analog Devices, Hewlett-Packard, and Marvell Technology Group
- Worst Performing Dow Component: Cisco
- United Health Is Near a Key Resistance Area
- Dow's Top Performers :CSCO, HPQ, IBM
- Critical Alerts For Chevron, MGM Mirage, Charter Communications, Quanta Services, and Acadia Released By InvestorsObserver
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Lower Top Performers: AXP, PG, WMT
Related Partner Headlines
- WalMart May Still Get Its Bank: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- Dow Component 3M (MMM) To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow - TheStreet.com
- 3M Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow (MMM) - TheStreet.com
- Local Businesses Take on Big-Box Retailers - TheStreet.com
- Hewlett-Packard Co (HPQ): Today's Featured Computer Hardware Laggard - TheStreet.com
- UnitedHealth Group Inc (UNH): Today's Featured Health Services Winner - TheStreet.com
- 3 Things You Should Know About Small Business: Nov. 16 - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: 3M (MMM) Leads The Day Higher, Chevron (CVX) Lags - TheStreet.com
- Hewlett-Packard Fourth Quarter Earnings Preview - Investopedia
- 3M Co (MMM): Today's Featured Conglomerates Laggard - TheStreet.com
Recent Trading Ideas
Chesapeake Energy Is Close to Resistance
Windstream Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Applied Materials Is Close to Resistance
E*TRADE is Near a Key Support Area
First Solar is Near a Key Support Area
Trading Idea: Is Monster Worldwide close to Support?
Trading Idea: - Is Walgreen close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:35PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
Industrial And Commercial Hybrid & Pure Electric Vehicles Market Trends 2013 - 2023: Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth Drivers And Opportunities, Players
Vinitaly Auctions Italian Wines with Zachys in Hong Kong
TitleMax Continues to Grow in Mesa, Arizona
Electric Insulators Market – Germany Leads Among Other European Countries Says New Market Research Report at ReportsnReports.com
New Dealership Website for Hilliard Automotive Built by Carsforsale.com®
Carsforsale.com® Team Releases a New Website for LB Auto Trading Auto Dealership
Crowds on Demand Featured in GQ Magazine
Anonymous Donation Pushes Buffalo City Mission Donations from VoIP Supply Up to 8,000 Meals