Bulls and Bears on the Trenches of Ryanair
Published on Monday, 31 December 2012 04:42 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, December 31st (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Ryanair Holdings PLC (NASDAQ:RYAAY) closed the trading day lower by $0.33 or -0.96% from its previous close. Ryanair's price action formed what is considered to be a doji close, where the open and close prices are very close to each other, mainly signaling an indecision between buyers and sellers.
Ryanair Holdings PLC (NASDAQ:RYAAY) provides low fare passenger airline services to destinations in Europe.
Ryanair's trading range is defined by a trough, which marked calculated support at $32.49 and by a peak that set the resistance point at $36.20. These levels are closely watched by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in Ryanair or traders that are already holding the stock can use the doji close to their advantage, since the pattern present a short-term pause in the stock's price action. This pause results in an entry point for traders depending of which way the stock resolves this short-term indecision.
The Doji is an important candlestick pattern that provides information on their own and as components in a number of important patterns. Doji form when a security's open and close are virtually equal. The length of the upper and lower shadows can vary and the resulting candlestick looks like a cross, inverted cross or plus sign. Alone, doji are neutral patterns.
Any bullish or bearish bias is based on preceding price action and future confirmation. In the case of Ryanair, given that the stock finished the session lower, bears should monitor the stock, as it could reverse if it manages to trade above its intraday high. Below a Doji illustration:
- PV Enterprises International, Inc. (PVE) enters into an agreement with Invisosoft, Inc. ( A Global Visual Communications Company ) to develop a Maritime Visual Communication Platform
- PV Enterprises International announcement Time charter awarded.
- PV Enterprises International announces Time Charter awarded
- PV Enterprises International, Inc. Messages to shareholders regarding FINRA
- PV Enterprises International, Inc. (OTC Pink: VDSC) Announces the Spinoff of its subsidiary IMAG Group, Inc. formerly known as Red Tide Defense Group and the Filing with FINRA
- News Message from CEO of PV Enterprises International to its Shareholders
- Message from CEO to Shareholders
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines