Semis Underperfoming the S&P 500 :CRUS, STM, VECO
Published on Monday, 31 December 2012 11:52 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, December 31st (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index is trading flat at $389.49, representing 0% from its previous close. The semiconductor index is having an overall mixed day with 17 index components trading higher.
Cirrus Logic (NASDAQ:CRUS) is the top performer of the semis, trading at $27.69, which represents 2.14%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Cirrus Logic, the provider of high-precision analog and mixed-signal, and embedded processors for audio and industrial markets have defined support at $26.25 and resistance at $28.89.
STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) is also among the top performers, currently trading at $7.12 representing 1.86% from its previous close. STMicroelectronics, the semiconductor integrated circuits and discrete devices maker has calculated support and resistance levels at $5.31 and $7.16 respectively. The other top performer of the semis is Veeco Instruments (NASDAQ:VECO), which is trading at $28.32 representing 1.03% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE:AMD) that is trading at $2.28 or -4.6% from the previous close. Shares of Advanced Micro Devices, the second largest chipmaker in the world have defined support at $2.25 and resistance at $2.59. Also among the worst performers is MEMC Electronic Materials (NYSE:WFR), which is currently trading at $3.1 representing -2.33% from the previous trading session.
Today, the Semis are underperforming the broad market index S&P 500.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines