NASDAQ 100's Update, In focus: NFLX, SHLD, AAPL, APOL, TEVA
Published on Monday, 31 December 2012 13:35 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, December 31st (TradersHuddle.com) - The NASDAQ 100 Index is flat trading at 2693.55, which represents 0% versus its previous close. The index is mixed for the day with slightly more than 50% of its components on the green.
Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX) is the NASDAQ 100's top performer today with the stock trading at $92.45 representing 3.49% from its previous trading session. Shares of Netflix, the online video rental company have defined support at $88.54 and resistance at $97.80.
Sears Holdings (NASDAQ:SHLD) is also among the top performers, and it is trading at $40.8 representing 3.29% from its previous close. Sears Holdings, the holding company that owns and operates the Sears and Kmart retail chains, has calculated support and resistance levels at $41.88 and $45.43 respectively. The other top performer of the NASDAQ 100 is Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL), which is trading at $523.66 representing 2.76% from its previous close.
The NASDAQ 100's worst performers include Apollo (NASDAQ:APOL), which is trading at $20.27 or -0.93% from the prior close. Shares of Apollo, the provider of educational programs have defined support at $19.91 and resistance at $22.48. Also among the worst performers Teva (NASDAQ:TEVA), which is trading at $36.95 representing -0.67% from the previous session.
The NASDAQ 100 is underperfoming the Dow Jones but is pretty much equal with the S&P 500. The Dow Jones Industrial Index is currently trading at 13004, which represents 0.51% from previous close, the S&P 500, on the other hand, is trading at 1414.42 that represents 0.85% from its previous close.
- NASDAQ 100 Worst Performer: Sears Holdings
- Is Apple Closing in to Resistance?
- NASDAQ 100 Worst Performer: Apollo
- Apple Is Close to the 50 Day Moving Average
- Trading Idea: Entry Levels for Apple
- Is Apple Waiting for a Break Out?
- NASDAQ 100 Mid-day Update: Flat Top Performers: NFLX, NIHD, SIRI
- NASDAQ 100 Mid-day Update: Flat Top Performers: APOL, ERTS, BIIB
- Apple Is Close to Resistance
- NASDAQ 100 Round Up - Higher: WCRX, FSLR, NFLX
Related Partner Headlines
- Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
- Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
- What You Can Get on Thursday's Black Friday - TheStreet.com
- Good Follow-Through - TheStreet.com
- iPhone 5S for Next Year: Rumor - TheStreet.com
- Why Apple's Stock Is an Undeniable 'Buy' Right Now - TheStreet.com
- Cisco, HP, Apple: Tech Premarket - TheStreet.com
- Are Dividend Stocks Dead? - TheStreet.com
- Apple: Here's Why the Stock Will Go On an Epic Run - TheStreet.com
- Cramer's Top Stock Picks: DFRG, KMX, DVAX, AAPL - TheStreet.com
Recent Trading Ideas
Chesapeake Energy Is Close to Resistance
Windstream Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Applied Materials Is Close to Resistance
E*TRADE is Near a Key Support Area
First Solar is Near a Key Support Area
Trading Idea: Is Monster Worldwide close to Support?
Trading Idea: - Is Walgreen close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:35PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
Playa del Rey Moving Company Provides Tips for Moving Heavy Furniture
How To Stop Drafts and Save On Home Energy Bills This Summer - New Draft Stoppers Now Available From Battic Door Energy Conservation
New Prom Dresses, New Styles, All at AmorModa.com
Cigar Advisor Interviews Alejandro Cuenca & Jose Blanco of Joya de Nicaragua Cigars
Tech Analyst Jeff Kagan on AT&T Having Fastest 4G LTE Wireless Internet
JJsHouse.com Reveals New Wedding Dress Designs For The Summer 2013
Carsforsale.com® Announces Launch of New Milford Auto Outlet Website
TheBeautyPlace.com Debuts Their Brand New Beauty Kits