Semis Underperfoming the S&P 500 :CRUS, AMD, VECO
Published on Tuesday, 01 January 2013 11:52 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, January 1st (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index is trading flat at $389.49, representing 0% from its previous close. The semiconductor index is having a broad rally with 28 index components trading higher.
Cirrus Logic (NASDAQ:CRUS) is the top performer of the semis, trading at $28.97, which represents 6.86%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Cirrus Logic, the provider of high-precision analog and mixed-signal, and embedded processors for audio and industrial markets have defined support at $26.25 and resistance at $28.89.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE:AMD) is also among the top performers, currently trading at $2.41 representing 5.48% from its previous close. Advanced Micro Devices, the second largest chipmaker in the world has calculated support and resistance levels at $2.25 and $2.59 respectively. The other top performer of the semis is Veeco Instruments (NASDAQ:VECO), which is trading at $29.46 representing 5.1% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Novellus Systems (NASDAQ:NVLS) that is trading at $31.54 or -0.28% from the previous close. Shares of Novellus Systems, the equipment maker used for chips manufacturing have defined support at $41.80 and resistance at $47.32. Also among the worst performers is Taiwan Semiconductor (NYSE:TSM), which is currently trading at $17.17 representing 0.2% from the previous trading session.
Today, the Semis are underperforming the broad market index S&P 500.
- KeyCorp Reports 2013 Dodd-Frank Act Mid-Cycle Stress Test Results
- KeyCorp To Present At The Barclays Global Financial Services Conference
- Randy Paine Named President Of KeyBanc Capital Markets
- KeyCorp Third Quarter 2013 Earnings Release Date And Conference Call
- KeyCorp Closes On Sale Of Victory Capital Management And Affiliate
- KeyCorp Reports Second Quarter 2013 Net Income of $193 Million, or $.21 Per Common Share
- KeyCorp Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend Of Five And One Half Cents
- KeyBank Selected To Pilot U.S. Global Business Solutions Initiative To Increase Small Business Exports
- Organic Growth, Not Merger and Acquisitions, is Driving Middle Market Expansion
- KeyCorp Second Quarter 2013 Earnings Release Date And Conference Call
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines