TradersHuddle Dow's Update, In focus:HPQ, CAT, BAC, T, MRK
Published on Wednesday, 02 January 2013 12:35 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, January 2nd (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is higher trading at 13327.9, which represents 1.71% versus its previous trading session close, with all of its components trading in positive territory.
Hewlett Packard (NYSE:HPQ) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $15 representing 5.26% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Hewlett Packard, the maker of printers and personal computers have defined support at $13.91 and resistance at $14.83.
Caterpillar (NYSE:CAT) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $93.5 representing 4.54% from its previous close. Caterpillar, the largest earth moving equipment maker in the world has calculated support and resistance levels at $86.48 and $91.83 respectively. The other top performer this morning is Bank of America (NYSE:BAC), which is trading at $11.93 representing 2.76% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include AT&T (NYSE:T) that is trading at $33.71 or 0% from the previous close. Shares of AT&T, the communications company owner of the second wireless network in the U.S. have defined support at $32.71 and resistance at $34.36. Also among the worst performers we have Merck (NYSE:MRK), which is trading at $40.99 representing 0.12% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for December delivery is also trading higher at $86.67 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange higher by $1.22 from the previous trading session.
. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1450.59, which represents 1.71% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 3050.39 that represents 0% from previous session.
- City of Albuquerque Transit Department Rolls Out New Text Messaging Service
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Santa Cruz-Watsonville
- Critical Alerts For HSBC, Merck, CSX, Wynn Resorts, and Lam Research Released By InvestorsObserver
- AT&T 4G LTE Takes Top Spot In 2013 PCWorld/TechHive Speed Tests
- AT&T Prepared To Keep Customers Connected During Hurricane Season
- Merck Is Close to its 50 Day Moving Average
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Outer Banks
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Ventura-Oxnard
- AT&T Remains Committed To The Jersey Shore
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Anderson
Related Partner Headlines
- Taxes Coming? Take a Deep Breath and Do Nothing for Now - TheStreet.com
- Banks Cough Up $26.1 Billion in Mortgage Relief - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America, MBIA Death Match Hurts Both: Moody's - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America Will Cut to Hit Earnings: Analyst - TheStreet.com
- Why the U.S. Stinks at Mobile Payments: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- Hewlett-Packard Co (HPQ): Today's Featured Computer Hardware Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Big Bank Break-Ups Need to Wait: Dudley - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: Caterpillar (CAT) Leads The Day Higher, Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) Lags - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America and Berkowitz Follow Different Scripts: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- AT&T Offers iPad Mini - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,307.17 Trade time:4:44PM EDT Value change:▼80.41 (-0.52%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,655.35 Trade time:4:43PM EDT Value change:▼13.81 (-0.83%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,463.30 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼38.82 (-1.11%)
In The Wires
CME Group Inc. Announces Preliminary Results from its 2013 Annual Meeting of Shareholders
SNC-Lavalin retains investment grade rating
The Laclede Group Prices Public Offering of Common Stock
Canyon announces final annual meeting Board of Directors election results
iSoftStone to Support 2013 MIT Sloan CIO Symposium
SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Law Office of Brodsky & Smith, LLC Announces Investigation of Websense, Inc. - WBSN
Ghana Gold Corp. to Announce Material Information on Thursday, May 23 at 8am
Lifshitz Law Firm Announces Investigation of BMC Software, Amyris, Inc., Market Leader, Inc., and True Religion Apparel, Inc.