TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: DIS, AA, JNJ
Published on Friday, 04 January 2013 12:35 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, January 4th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is higher trading at 13408.4, which represents 0.13% versus its previous trading session close, with 21 of its components trading in positive territory.
Disney (NYSE:DIS) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $51.93 representing 1.41% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Disney, the largest diversified media company in the world have defined support at $46.96 and resistance at $51.06.
Alcoa (NYSE:AA) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $9.17 representing 1.1% from its previous close. Alcoa, the aluminum producer has calculated support and resistance levels at $7.98 and $8.91 respectively. The other top performer this morning is JNJ (NYSE:JNJ), which is trading at $71.5 representing 1.07% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) that is trading at $26.91 or -1.23% from the previous close. Shares of Microsoft, the maker of Windows operating software have defined support at $26.26 and resistance at $27.73. Also among the worst performers we have Intel (NASDAQ:INTC), which is trading at $21.07 representing -1.2% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for December delivery is also trading higher at $86.67 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange higher by $1.22 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is outperforming the NASDAQ composite, but lagging the S&P 500. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1463.5, which represents 0.28% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 3050.39 that represents 0% from previous session.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”