TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: DIS, AA, JNJ
Published on Friday, 04 January 2013 12:35 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, January 4th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is higher trading at 13408.4, which represents 0.13% versus its previous trading session close, with 21 of its components trading in positive territory.
Disney (NYSE:DIS) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $51.93 representing 1.41% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Disney, the largest diversified media company in the world have defined support at $46.96 and resistance at $51.06.
Alcoa (NYSE:AA) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $9.17 representing 1.1% from its previous close. Alcoa, the aluminum producer has calculated support and resistance levels at $7.98 and $8.91 respectively. The other top performer this morning is JNJ (NYSE:JNJ), which is trading at $71.5 representing 1.07% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) that is trading at $26.91 or -1.23% from the previous close. Shares of Microsoft, the maker of Windows operating software have defined support at $26.26 and resistance at $27.73. Also among the worst performers we have Intel (NASDAQ:INTC), which is trading at $21.07 representing -1.2% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for December delivery is also trading higher at $86.67 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange higher by $1.22 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is outperforming the NASDAQ composite, but lagging the S&P 500. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1463.5, which represents 0.28% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 3050.39 that represents 0% from previous session.
- Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceuticals Segment Poised to Continue Driving Growth with More than 10 Potential New Product Filings by 2017
- TradersHuddle Dow's Update, In focus:PFE, HD, JPM, MSFT, CSCO
- Disney-Pixar's "Monsters University" Hits Campus with Music from Randy Newman and Axwell & Sebastian Ingrosso of Swedish House Mafia
- Trading Idea: - Is Intel close to Resistance?
- Alcoa Is in a Very Tight Range
- Alcoa Is in a Tight Range between the 50 and 200 Day Moving Averages
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: BA, UTX, AA
- Approaching Resistance: Intel
- Semis Underperfomed the S&P 500 :NVLS, NVDA, WFR
- Is There Resistance Above for Alcoa?
Related Partner Headlines
- Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
- Bull Vs. Bear - Microsoft On The Rise (MSFT, GOOG, EBAY, BRK-B) - Investopedia
- Bull Vs. Bear - Microsoft Stinks (MSFT, NOK, AAPL, GOOG) - Investopedia
- Steven Sinofsky Denies Windows 8 and WP8 Merger Rumor - Benzinga
- Dow Today: Microsoft Corporation (MSFT) Lower - TheStreet.com
- Why's Microsoft's Windows Boss Leaving? A Bad Job Review? - TheStreet.com
- Alcoa Inc (AA): Today's Featured Metals & Mining Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: Walt Disney (DIS) Leads The Day Higher, Caterpillar (CAT) Lags - TheStreet.com
- A Strange Shakeup at Microsoft - TheStreet.com
- Walt Disney Co Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (DIS) - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,294.50 Trade time:4:53PM EDT Value change:▼12.67 (-0.08%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,650.51 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼4.84 (-0.29%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.42 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼3.88 (-0.11%)
In The Wires
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Named the 2013 Life Science Firm of the Year by the Tech Council of Maryland
Agnico Eagle Mines Limited Announces Investment in Probe Mines Limited
Lifshitz Law Firm Announces Investigation of Mayflower Bancorp, Inc., Multiband Corporation, rue21, inc., and SoundBite Communications
PrivateBancorp Stockholders Approve All Proposals
Santa Cruz County Bank Declares Cash Dividend
Acquisition of rue21, inc. by Funds Advised by the Private Equity Firm Apax Partners May Not Be in the Best Interests of rue21 Shareholders
Viking Minerals Inc: The Company enters into final negotiations to acquire Multi-Million dollar Coal Resource on profit sharing basis.
Crest Supplements its Proxy Statement Opposing Revised Terms for Sprint-Clearwire Merger