NASDAQ 100 Top Performer: Warner Chilcott
Published on Friday, 04 January 2013 13:35 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, January 4th (TradersHuddle.com) - The NASDAQ 100 Index is flat trading at 2693.55, which represents 0% versus its previous close. The index is mixed for the day with slightly more than 50% of its components on the green.
Warner Chilcott (NASDAQ:WCRX) is the NASDAQ 100's top performer today with the stock trading at $13 representing 3.71% from its previous trading session. Shares of Warner Chilcott, the Irish based specialty pharmaceutical company focused on women's healthcare, dermatology and urology have defined support at $10.85 and resistance at $11.81.
Vertex Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:VRTX) is also among the top performers, and it is trading at $46.47 representing 2.92% from its previous close. Vertex Pharmaceuticals, the biotechnology company focused on developing novel small molecule pharmaceuticals, has calculated support and resistance levels at $40.34 and $44.39 respectively. The other top performer of the NASDAQ 100 is Research In Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM), which is trading at $11.77 representing 2.57% from its previous close.
The NASDAQ 100's worst performers include Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL), which is trading at $528.63 or -2.48% from the prior close. Shares of Apple, the maker of iPhones and iPads have defined support at $504.66 and resistance at $555.00. Also among the worst performers Infosys Technologies (NASDAQ:INFY), which is trading at $42.43 representing -2.39% from the previous session.
The NASDAQ 100 is underperfoming the Dow Jones but is pretty much equal with the S&P 500. The Dow Jones Industrial Index is currently trading at 13405.4, which represents 0.11% from previous close, the S&P 500, on the other hand, is trading at 1463.21 that represents 0.26% from its previous close.
- NASDAQ 100 Round Up - Flat: ATVI, BIIB, FSLR
- Apple Is Close to the 50 Day Moving Average
- Trading Idea: Entry Levels for Apple
- NASDAQ 100 Top Performer: NII Holdings
- NASDAQ 100 Mid-day Update: Higher Top Performers: CSCO, NTAP, FFIV
- Is Apple Waiting for a Break Out?
- NASDAQ 100 Mid-day Update: Flat Top Performers: NFLX, NIHD, SIRI
- Apple Is Close to Resistance
- NASDAQ 100 Round Up - Higher: WCRX, FSLR, NFLX
- NASDAQ 100 Worst Performer: Cognizant Technology Solutions
Related Partner Headlines
- Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
- Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
- What You Can Get on Thursday's Black Friday - TheStreet.com
- Good Follow-Through - TheStreet.com
- iPhone 5S for Next Year: Rumor - TheStreet.com
- Why Apple's Stock Is an Undeniable 'Buy' Right Now - TheStreet.com
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Stock Hold Recommendation Reiterated (VRTX) - TheStreet.com
- Cisco, HP, Apple: Tech Premarket - TheStreet.com
- Are Dividend Stocks Dead? - TheStreet.com
- Apple: Here's Why the Stock Will Go On an Epic Run - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,474.01 Trade time:1:06PM EDT Value change:▲86.43 (0.56%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,677.84 Trade time:1:06PM EDT Value change:▲8.68 (0.52%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,511.99 Trade time:1:06PM EDT Value change:▲9.87 (0.28%)
In The Wires
SuperCom Appoints Doron Ilan as Chief Financial Officer
Southwest Airlines Announces Organizational Leadership Change
American Airlines Joins With The American Red Cross To Aid Oklahoma Tornado Victims
Amarium Acquires the Jovita Mine & Copper Mill in Mexico
Republic Services Opens New Landfill And Transfer Station
Lancaster Colony Raises Dividend; Declares 200th Consecutive Quarterly Cash Dividend
Local Kidz Korner Wins Recycling Contest for Second Year in a Row
Triple-S Management Corporation Closes Secondary Offering and Share Purchase