NASDAQ 100 Top Performer: Warner Chilcott
Published on Friday, 04 January 2013 13:35 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, January 4th (TradersHuddle.com) - The NASDAQ 100 Index is flat trading at 2693.55, which represents 0% versus its previous close. The index is mixed for the day with slightly more than 50% of its components on the green.
Warner Chilcott (NASDAQ:WCRX) is the NASDAQ 100's top performer today with the stock trading at $13 representing 3.71% from its previous trading session. Shares of Warner Chilcott, the Irish based specialty pharmaceutical company focused on women's healthcare, dermatology and urology have defined support at $10.85 and resistance at $11.81.
Vertex Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:VRTX) is also among the top performers, and it is trading at $46.47 representing 2.92% from its previous close. Vertex Pharmaceuticals, the biotechnology company focused on developing novel small molecule pharmaceuticals, has calculated support and resistance levels at $40.34 and $44.39 respectively. The other top performer of the NASDAQ 100 is Research In Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM), which is trading at $11.77 representing 2.57% from its previous close.
The NASDAQ 100's worst performers include Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL), which is trading at $528.63 or -2.48% from the prior close. Shares of Apple, the maker of iPhones and iPads have defined support at $504.66 and resistance at $555.00. Also among the worst performers Infosys Technologies (NASDAQ:INFY), which is trading at $42.43 representing -2.39% from the previous session.
The NASDAQ 100 is underperfoming the Dow Jones but is pretty much equal with the S&P 500. The Dow Jones Industrial Index is currently trading at 13405.4, which represents 0.11% from previous close, the S&P 500, on the other hand, is trading at 1463.21 that represents 0.26% from its previous close.
- Microsoft announces quarterly dividend increase and share repurchase program
- Shell Brazil chooses Windows Phone to lower costs and increase employee productivity
- Banks put customers first with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Bing.com and FOX News team up to bring real-time online polling to nightly news; Bing Pulse featured on "Special Report with Bret Baier"
- Industry partners showcase new financial services apps for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8
- Microsoft launches worldwide Office 365 donation program for nonprofits
- InvestorsObserver releases comments on Microsoft, Toyota, Kroger, Sears Holdings, and Men's Wearhouse
- Microsoft launches Xbox Music across iOS and Android, adds free streaming on the Web
- NI Technology Research Updates Outlooks for Ciena, Finisar, Microsoft and Nokia
- Microsoft to acquire Nokia's Devices & Services business, license Nokia's patents and mapping services
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines