Eli Lilly Formed a Tweezer Top
Published on Tuesday, 08 January 2013 04:39 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, January 8th (TradersHuddle.com) - Eli Lilly & Co. (NYSE:LLY) closed the trading session higher by $1.84 or 3.7% from its previous close. The latest price action developed a short term reversal pattern in the form of a tweezer top, which is a candlestick pattern that is usually formed at the end of an uptrend. Given that the tweezer top is considered a reversal pattern, traders with long positions need to monitor the price action for confirmation of weakness, and plan the position accordingly.
Eli Lilly (NYSE:LLY) principal activities are to develop, manufacture and market pharmaceutical-based health care solutions. The company specializes in research and development, production and marketing of products for the treatment of diabetes worldwide, such as insulin and insulin delivery devices.. Some of the company's patents include Zyprexa, Prozac, Permax, Humulin, Evista, Humalog, Humatrope, Vancocin, Keflex, Nebcin , Lorabid, Gemzar, Tylan, and Rumensin.
Eli Lilly's stock has been in a defined range with calculated support at $47.61 and resistance at $50.76. Given the possibility of short-term weakness in the stock's price, this range could be used by traders managing their positions.
Tweezer tops are exactly the opposite of tweezer bottoms, as they define a resistance point for Eli Lilly that needs to be digested prior for the stock to move to a higher level.
Tweezer tops can be formed at the end of an uptrend, at a clear horizontal resistance point, or within a downtrend when price action is dealing with the declining resistance trend. Like any other candlestick pattern, it needs confirmation by trading below the previous day low. Below there is an example of the Tweezer Top reversal pattern:
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”