Eli Lilly Formed a Tweezer Top
Published on Tuesday, 08 January 2013 04:39 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, January 8th (TradersHuddle.com) - Eli Lilly & Co. (NYSE:LLY) closed the trading session higher by $1.84 or 3.7% from its previous close. The latest price action developed a short term reversal pattern in the form of a tweezer top, which is a candlestick pattern that is usually formed at the end of an uptrend. Given that the tweezer top is considered a reversal pattern, traders with long positions need to monitor the price action for confirmation of weakness, and plan the position accordingly.
Eli Lilly (NYSE:LLY) principal activities are to develop, manufacture and market pharmaceutical-based health care solutions. The company specializes in research and development, production and marketing of products for the treatment of diabetes worldwide, such as insulin and insulin delivery devices.. Some of the company's patents include Zyprexa, Prozac, Permax, Humulin, Evista, Humalog, Humatrope, Vancocin, Keflex, Nebcin , Lorabid, Gemzar, Tylan, and Rumensin.
Eli Lilly's stock has been in a defined range with calculated support at $47.61 and resistance at $50.76. Given the possibility of short-term weakness in the stock's price, this range could be used by traders managing their positions.
Tweezer tops are exactly the opposite of tweezer bottoms, as they define a resistance point for Eli Lilly that needs to be digested prior for the stock to move to a higher level.
Tweezer tops can be formed at the end of an uptrend, at a clear horizontal resistance point, or within a downtrend when price action is dealing with the declining resistance trend. Like any other candlestick pattern, it needs confirmation by trading below the previous day low. Below there is an example of the Tweezer Top reversal pattern:
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: The Law Firm of Levi & Korsinsky, LLP Launches an Investigation into Possible Breaches of Fiduciary Duty by the Board of Directors of TripAdvisor Inc.
- The 10 Best Cities for Families
- TripAdvisor Global Study Reveals Americans Are Planning To Travel More Domestically But Steady Their Spending In 2014
- Deep Nishar and Spencer Rascoff Join TripAdvisor's Board of Directors
- TripAdvisor to Present at the UBS Best of Americas Conference
- Marc Charron Appointed President Of TripAdvisor For Business
- Where to Find the Best Cruise Deals This Fall
- Tripadvisor Survey Reveals Labor Day Travel Plans Are Up Six Percent This Year
- TripAdvisor Unleashes The Top 10 Pet-Friendly Properties In The U.S.
- TripAdvisor to Participate in the 33rd Annual Canaccord Genuity Growth Conference
Related Partner Headlines