Is iShares MSCI EAFE Breaking Out?
Published on Tuesday, 08 January 2013 08:28 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, January 8th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of iShares MSCI EAFE Index Fund (NYSE:EFA) closed the session at $57.22 just above calculated resistance at $56.68. The stock moved to what appears to be a higher range, spurring attention from momentum buyers.
iShares MSCI EAFE Index Fund (NYSE:EFA) is an ETF with the investment objective to seek investment results that correspond to the price and yield performance of equities traded in the Australasia, European and Far Eastern markets, as measured by the MSCI EAFE Index. The underlying index measures international equity performance. It includes 21 MSCI country indices, representing the developed markets outside of North America, including Europe, Australasia and the Far East.
The stock was trading in a well defined range with support at $47.29 and resistance at $56.68. Given that this range was broken, traders will be closely monitoring iShares MSCI EAFE's price action to gather clues on the future direction.
From a technical perspective, it can be expected that previous resistance becomes support, as the new range gets defined. However, given that iShares MSCI EAFE is still near the broken resistance level, traders will be focusing on the $56.68 level to see if the stock holds the breakout without rolling over.
- FirstEnergy Corp. Declares Unchanged Common Stock Dividend
- Luis A. Reyes Elected to FirstEnergy Board of Directors
- JCP&L and IBEW Local 102 Begin Training Sessions for New Program to Enhance Response to Storms
- FirstEnergy Again Named Top Utility for Economic Development by Site Selection Magazine
- JCP&L and USDA Wildlife Services Work Together to Save Osprey Nest
- FirstEnergy Subsidiaries Apply for Authorization to Sell Eleven Hydroelectric Power Stations to Harbor Hydro Holdings, LLC
- JCP&L Warns Customers About Possible Scams
- FirstEnergy Nuclear Operating Company Names Ernest J. Harkness Site Vice President at Perry Nuclear Power Plant
- FirstEnergy Education Grant Applications Due September 16, 2013
- West Penn Power Places New Line in Service to Enhance Reliability of Southwestern Pennsylvania Transmission Network