Worst Performing Dow Component: Bank of America
Published on Wednesday, 09 January 2013 12:35 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, January 9th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is higher trading at 13403.5, which represents 0.56% versus its previous trading session close, with 24 of its components trading in positive territory.
Boeing (NYSE:BA) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $76.4 representing 3.06% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Boeing, the maker of the 787 Dreamliner have defined support at $70.29 and resistance at $78.02.
Hewlett Packard (NYSE:HPQ) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $15.66 representing 1.75% from its previous close. Hewlett Packard, the maker of printers and personal computers has calculated support and resistance levels at $13.60 and $15.72 respectively. The other top performer this morning is Pfizer (NYSE:PFE), which is trading at $26.47 representing 1.73% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Bank of America (NYSE:BAC) that is trading at $11.85 or -1.13% from the previous close. Shares of Bank of America, the largest U.S. lender have defined support at $9.38 and resistance at $12.20. Also among the worst performers we have Exxon (NYSE:XOM), which is trading at $88.02 representing -0.52% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for December delivery is also trading higher at $86.67 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange higher by $1.22 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is leading the the S&P 500 and NASDAQ Composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1462.16, which represents 0.34% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 3050.39 that represents 0% from previous session.
- Entry points for Exxon
- Dow's Top Performers :PG, WMT, CSCO
- Is Pfizer Setting up for a Break Out?
- InterOil And Pacific LNG Group Enter Into Exclusive Negotiations With ExxonMobil On Development Of The Elk And Antelope Resource
- Top Performing Dow Component: Hewlett Packard
- Pfizer Is Close to its 50 Day Moving Average
- TradersHuddle Dow's Update, In focus:PFE, HD, JPM, MSFT, CSCO
- Key Levels for Pfizer
- Trading Idea: Is Exxon Breaking Out?
- Leading Investment Service Previews Earnings for Salesforce.com, NetApp, H-P, Target & Others
Related Partner Headlines
- Banks Cough Up $26.1 Billion in Mortgage Relief - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America, MBIA Death Match Hurts Both: Moody's - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America Will Cut to Hit Earnings: Analyst - TheStreet.com
- Why the U.S. Stinks at Mobile Payments: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- Hewlett-Packard Co (HPQ): Today's Featured Computer Hardware Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: Pfizer (PFE) Higher - TheStreet.com
- Big Bank Break-Ups Need to Wait: Dudley - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America and Berkowitz Follow Different Scripts: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- New York Community Bank Opens Faster Than Giants After Sandy - TheStreet.com
- Mortgage Delinquencies, Foreclosures Begin to Drop - TheStreet.com
Recent Trading Ideas
Chesapeake Energy Is Close to Resistance
Windstream Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Applied Materials Is Close to Resistance
E*TRADE is Near a Key Support Area
First Solar is Near a Key Support Area
Trading Idea: Is Monster Worldwide close to Support?
Trading Idea: - Is Walgreen close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:35PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
Debtors Dilemma Discusses Washington Bridge Collapse and Toll on Memorial Day Travelers
Report: Universal Chatroom Tool for Movie Buffs Created by Chatwing.com
ForexMinute.com Now Listing Top Bitcoin Exchanges and Offering Forex Bitcoin Trading
idcloak Launches Proxy Web Browser for Blocked Facebook Users
Zane Benefits Publishes New Information on the Health Insurance Marketplaces
Great Discounts Now: DressFirst.com's Prom Dresses
JM Internet (@jmgrp) Releases Small Business SEO Tip on Google Penguin Update 2.0
TideBuy.com Released Its New Bridal Lingerie Collection To Enrich Its Product Line