Phillips-Van Heusen - Shares Seeking Direction
Published on Thursday, 10 January 2013 04:18 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, January 10th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation (NYSE:PVH) closed the trading day higher by $1.04 or 0.89% from its previous close. Phillips-Van Heusen's price action formed what is considered to be a doji close, where the open and close prices are very close to each other, mainly signaling an indecision between buyers and sellers.
Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation (NYSE:PVH) designs, sources, manufactures, and markets apparel and footwear for the whole family. The Company markets its products at a wholesale level through department store chains and directly to consumers through retail stores. The company uses multibrand brand strategy to reach different markets, some of its brands include Arrow, Van-Heusen, Calvin Klein, IZOD, Geoffrey Beene, Kenneth Cole, and DKNY.
Phillips-Van Heusen's trading range is defined by a trough, which marked calculated support at $107.11 and by a peak that set the resistance point at $113.52. These levels are closely watched by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in Phillips-Van Heusen or traders that are already holding the stock can use the doji close to their advantage, since the pattern present a short-term pause in the stock's price action. This pause results in an entry point for traders depending of which way the stock resolves this short-term indecision.
The Doji is an important candlestick pattern that provides information on their own and as components in a number of important patterns. Doji form when a security's open and close are virtually equal. The length of the upper and lower shadows can vary and the resulting candlestick looks like a cross, inverted cross or plus sign. Alone, doji are neutral patterns.
Any bullish or bearish bias is based on preceding price action and future confirmation. In the case of Phillips-Van Heusen, given that the stock finished the session higher, bulls should monitor their positions for confirmation that the stock will continue higher by taking its intraday high. Below a Doji illustration:
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines