NASDAQ 100 Top Performer: Baidu
Published on Thursday, 10 January 2013 13:35 Written by Danny Miller
New York, January 10th (TradersHuddle.com) - The NASDAQ 100 Index is higher trading at 2731.05, which represents 0.12% versus its previous close. The index is mixed for the day with slightly more than 50% of its components on the green.
Baidu (NASDAQ:BIDU) is the NASDAQ 100's top performer today with the stock trading at $109.04 representing 4.5% from its previous trading session. Shares of Baidu, the largest Chinese Internet search engine have defined support at $99.32 and resistance at $106.90.
Urban Outfitters (NASDAQ:URBN) is also among the top performers, and it is trading at $42.31 representing 3.83% from its previous close. Urban Outfitters, the owner and operator of Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie retail chains, has calculated support and resistance levels at $37.73 and $41.72 respectively. The other top performer of the NASDAQ 100 is Research In Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM), which is trading at $11.92 representing 3.74% from its previous close.
The NASDAQ 100's worst performers include Vertex Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:VRTX), which is trading at $46.93 or -2.74% from the prior close. Shares of Vertex Pharmaceuticals, the biotechnology company focused on developing novel small molecule pharmaceuticals have defined support at $40.34 and resistance at $44.39. Also among the worst performers Fastenal (NASDAQ:FAST), which is trading at $46.57 representing -2.06% from the previous session.
The NASDAQ 100 is underperfoming the Dow Jones but is pretty much equal with the S&P 500. The Dow Jones Industrial Index is currently trading at 13428.7, which represents 0.29% from previous close, the S&P 500, on the other hand, is trading at 1466.79 that represents 0.39% from its previous close.
- Apache To Sell Selected Canadian Oil And Gas Assets For $112 Million In Two Transactions
- Broadcom - Worst Performing Semiconductor
- Top Performing Dow Component: United Technologies
- Apache Donates 1 Millionth Tree For Black Bear Habitat
- Intel Is Close to Important Technical Levels
- Oando Energy Resources Provides an Update on the ConocoPhillips Acquisition
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: UTX, TRV, PG
- Sector Mid-Day Wrap - Semis Higher: RBCN, POWI, CRUS
- Intel Is Moving Above Resistance
- Sector Wrap - Semis Higher: RBCN, POWI, CRUS
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines