GameStop - Shares Seeking Direction
Published on Friday, 11 January 2013 04:24 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, January 11th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of GameStop Corporation (NYSE:GME) closed the trading day higher by $0.18 or 0.8% from its previous close. GameStop's price action formed what is considered to be a doji close, where the open and close prices are very close to each other, mainly signaling an indecision between buyers and sellers.
GameStop Corporation (NYSE:GME) operates specialty electronic game and PC entertainment software stores throughout the United States, Australia, Canada and Europe. The Company stores sell new and used video game hardware, video game software and accessories
GameStop's trading range is defined by a trough, which marked calculated support at $23.92 and by a peak that set the resistance point at $25.87. These levels are closely watched by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in GameStop or traders that are already holding the stock can use the doji close to their advantage, since the pattern present a short-term pause in the stock's price action. This pause results in an entry point for traders depending of which way the stock resolves this short-term indecision.
The Doji is an important candlestick pattern that provides information on their own and as components in a number of important patterns. Doji form when a security's open and close are virtually equal. The length of the upper and lower shadows can vary and the resulting candlestick looks like a cross, inverted cross or plus sign. Alone, doji are neutral patterns.
Any bullish or bearish bias is based on preceding price action and future confirmation. In the case of GameStop, given that the stock finished the session higher, bulls should monitor their positions for confirmation that the stock will continue higher by taking its intraday high. Below a Doji illustration:
- Trading Idea: Is GameStop Breaking Down?
- GameStop near Support
- GameStop Is Near Resistance
- InvestorsObserver releases comments on Sony, Campbell Soup, Ross Stores, Tesla, and GameStop
- GameStop near Support
- Is GameStop Breaking Out?
- How to Play the Building Momentum in GameStop
- Bulls and Bears on the Trenches of GameStop
- Approaching Resistance: GameStop
- Is GameStop Reversing?
Related Partner Headlines
- Social Market Analytics Looks at Market Sentiment for GameStop - Benzinga
- GameStop Corp Stock Downgraded (GME) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Ascendiant Capital Markets Reiterates Buy Rating, Raises PT on GameStop - Benzinga
- An Election-Proof Strategy - TheStreet.com
- GameStop Corp Stock Upgraded (GME) - TheStreet.com
- GameStop Corp (GME): Today's Featured Services Winner - TheStreet.com
- Sony Announces New PlayStation Hardware - Benzinga
- GameStop Corp (GME): Today's Featured Retail Winner - TheStreet.com
- Wikipad Coming To GameStop October 31, 2012 - Benzinga
- GameStop Announces Buy In-Store, Redeem Online eGuides - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,309.82 Trade time:12:06PM EDT Value change:▲2.65 (0.02%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,650.68 Trade time:12:06PM EDT Value change:▼4.67 (-0.28%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,458.15 Trade time:12:06PM EDT Value change:▼5.15 (-0.15%)
In The Wires
Computershare Successfully Completes Shareowner Services Client Data Migration Process
CBOE Begins Disseminating New Volatility Index On CME Group's 10-Year U.S. Treasury Note Options Contract
Timios National Corporation Enters Into Agreement With Institutional Investor To Limit Economics And Voting Control
Bunge Limited to Address Citi Global Consumer Conference
Arrowstar Provides Update on Corporate Developments
Jim Waters To Succeed Mick Hillman As CEO Of Hillman
SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Law Office of Brodsky & Smith, LLC Announces Investigation of rue21, Inc - RUE
ProfitStars' iPay Solutions Named a Best Place to Work in Kentucky