NASDAQ 100 Mid-day Update: Lower Top Performers: INFY, CTSH, RIMM
Published on Friday, 11 January 2013 13:35 Written by Danny Miller
New York, January 11th (TradersHuddle.com) - The NASDAQ 100 Index is lower trading at 2742.58, which represents -0.06% versus its previous close. The index is mixed for the session with slightly less than 50% of its components trading higher.
Infosys Technologies (NASDAQ:INFY) is the NASDAQ 100's top performer today with the stock trading at $52.29 representing 18.96% from its previous trading session. Shares of Infosys Technologies, the provider of IT consulting and software services, including e-business and supply chain solutions have defined support at $42.37 and resistance at $44.75.
Cognizant Technology Solutions (NASDAQ:CTSH) is also among the top performers, and it is trading at $77.85 representing 3.73% from its previous close. Cognizant Technology Solutions, the information technology consulting and services firm, has calculated support and resistance levels at $64.20 and $76.57 respectively. The other top performer of the NASDAQ 100 is Research In Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM), which is trading at $12.35 representing 3.61% from its previous close.
The NASDAQ 100's worst performers include Perrigo (NASDAQ:PRGO), which is trading at $105.64 or -4.16% from the prior close. Shares of Perrigo, the store brand over-the-counter pharmaceutical products have defined support at $102.04 and resistance at $110.21. Also among the worst performers NII Holdings (NASDAQ:NIHD), which is trading at $6.26 representing -2.95% from the previous session.
The NASDAQ 100 is underperfoming the Dow Jones but is pretty much equal with the S&P 500. The Dow Jones Industrial Index is currently trading at 13467.3, which represents -0.03% from previous close, the S&P 500, on the other hand, is trading at 1469.16 that represents -0.2% from its previous close.
- Microsoft announces quarterly dividend increase and share repurchase program
- Shell Brazil chooses Windows Phone to lower costs and increase employee productivity
- Banks put customers first with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Bing.com and FOX News team up to bring real-time online polling to nightly news; Bing Pulse featured on "Special Report with Bret Baier"
- Industry partners showcase new financial services apps for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8
- Microsoft launches worldwide Office 365 donation program for nonprofits
- InvestorsObserver releases comments on Microsoft, Toyota, Kroger, Sears Holdings, and Men's Wearhouse
- Microsoft launches Xbox Music across iOS and Android, adds free streaming on the Web
- NI Technology Research Updates Outlooks for Ciena, Finisar, Microsoft and Nokia
- Microsoft to acquire Nokia's Devices & Services business, license Nokia's patents and mapping services
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines