NASDAQ 100 Round Up - Lower: RIMM, SHLD, NFLX
Published on Monday, 14 January 2013 13:35 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, January 14th (TradersHuddle.com) - The NASDAQ 100 Index is lower trading at 2731.34, which represents -0.62% versus its previous close. The index is under pressure with more than 60% of its components trading on negative territory.
Research In Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM) is the NASDAQ 100's top performer today with the stock trading at $14.83 representing 9.37% from its previous trading session. Shares of Research In Motion, the Blackberry maker have defined support at $11.40 and resistance at $12.24.
Sears Holdings (NASDAQ:SHLD) is also among the top performers, and it is trading at $44 representing 7.45% from its previous close. Sears Holdings, the holding company that owns and operates the Sears and Kmart retail chains, has calculated support and resistance levels at $39.00 and $43.78 respectively. The other top performer of the NASDAQ 100 is Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX), which is trading at $103.84 representing 2.51% from its previous close.
The NASDAQ 100's worst performers include First Solar (NASDAQ:FSLR), which is trading at $30.83 or -3.69% from the prior close. Shares of First Solar, the largest maker of thin film solar modules in the world have defined support at $30.43 and resistance at $35.60. Also among the worst performers Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL), which is trading at $504.45 representing -3.05% from the previous session.
The NASDAQ 100 is underperfoming the Dow Jones but is pretty much equal with the S&P 500. The Dow Jones Industrial Index is currently trading at 13506.3, which represents 0.13% from previous close, the S&P 500, on the other hand, is trading at 1469.44 that represents -0.18% from its previous close.
- Is Apple Closing in to Resistance?
- NASDAQ 100 Worst Performer: Apollo
- NASDAQ 100 Round Up - Flat: ATVI, BIIB, FSLR
- Trading Idea: What to Expect as First Solar Breaks Resistance
- Apple Is Close to the 50 Day Moving Average
- NASDAQ 100 Round Up - Flat: FSLR, CTRP, BIDU
- Trading Idea: Is First Solar close to Support?
- Trading Idea: Entry Levels for Apple
- NASDAQ 100 Top Performer: NII Holdings
- NASDAQ 100 Mid-day Update: Higher Top Performers: CSCO, NTAP, FFIV
Related Partner Headlines
- First Solar Inc. Stock Sell Recommendation Reiterated (FSLR) - TheStreet.com
- Sears Stock Falls On Unusually High Volume (SHLD) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Alfred Fried & Company Initiates Netflix at Underperform; Not a Sound Acquisition - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Sears Posts Narrower-Than-Expected Q3 Loss - Benzinga
- Netflix Inc. (NFLX): Today's Featured Specialty Retail Winner - TheStreet.com
- Sears Holdings Announces Completion of Partial Spin-Off Of Its Interest In Sears Canada - Benzinga
- Research in Motion's BBM Allows Voice Chats for Free Over Wi-Fi - Benzinga
- Sears Holdings Corporation (SHLD): Today's Featured Services Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Netflix Inc. Stock Hold Recommendation Reiterated (NFLX) - TheStreet.com
- Research In Motion Ltd (RIMM): Today's Featured Telecommunications Winner - TheStreet.com
Stocks Near 50 and 200 Day Moving Average Bullish Configuration 50 Above 200 Day
Stocks Close to Resistance
Stocks Near 50 and 200 Day Moving Average Trading Above Both Moving Averages - With 50 day below the 200
Near Both 50 and 200 Day - Stocks Trading Below 50 and Above the 200 Day
Candlesticks – Tweezer Bottom
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,307.17 Trade time:4:44PM EDT Value change:▼80.41 (-0.52%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,655.35 Trade time:4:43PM EDT Value change:▼13.81 (-0.83%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,463.30 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
Greenfield Farms Announces Scheduled Closing Of Carmela's Pizzeria Acquisition For June 5, 2013
Mobile Broadband Provider iTalk set to Launch Dealer Program with Residuals
Biorem Reports 3rd Consecutive Quarter with Positive EBITDA
Ritchie Bros. to sell more than 70 trucks for Walmart at unreserved public auction in Chicago, IL on May 30
Investigational New Drug Application Cleared by FDA for OMS824 in Huntington's Disease
Microsemi Unveils New Family of High-Security, Self-encrypting Solid State Drives
Picarro Demonstrates Its Cutting-edge Leak Detection Technology At EPA's Natural Gas Star Workshop
Isis Pharmaceuticals to Present at the Deutsche Bank 38th Annual dbAccess Health Care Conference