Dow's Top Performers :DIS, HD, INTC
Published on Thursday, 17 January 2013 12:35 Written by Danny Miller
New York, January 17th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is higher trading at 13596.9, which represents 0.63% versus its previous trading session close, with 23 of its components trading in positive territory.
Disney (NYSE:DIS) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $52.36 representing 1.6% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Disney, the largest diversified media company in the world have defined support at $46.96 and resistance at $52.34.
Home Depot (NYSE:HD) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $64.77 representing 1.42% from its previous close. Home Depot, the home improvement retailer has calculated support and resistance levels at $60.21 and $63.93 respectively. The other top performer this morning is Intel (NASDAQ:INTC), which is trading at $22.41 representing 1.33% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Bank of America (NYSE:BAC) that is trading at $11.4 or -3.27% from the previous close. Shares of Bank of America, the largest U.S. lender have defined support at $11.30 and resistance at $12.20. Also among the worst performers we have JP Morgan (NYSE:JPM), which is trading at $46.3 representing -1.11% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for December delivery is also trading higher at $86.67 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange higher by $1.22 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1481.31, which represents 0.59% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 3136.56 that represents 0.61% from previous session.
- TradersHuddle Dow's Update, In focus:PFE, HD, JPM, MSFT, CSCO
- Disney-Pixar's "Monsters University" Hits Campus with Music from Randy Newman and Axwell & Sebastian Ingrosso of Swedish House Mafia
- Trading Idea: - Is Intel close to Resistance?
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: HD, JPM, MCD
- Trading Idea: - Is Bank of America close to Resistance?
- The Home Depot Foundation Creates $1 Million Fund for Spring Storm Relief and Recovery Efforts
- The Home Depot Announces First Quarter Results; Raises Fiscal Year 2013 Guidance
- JP Morgan Is Moving Above Resistance
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: BA, UTX, AA
- Approaching Resistance: Intel
Related Partner Headlines
- Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: Home Depot (HD) Higher - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: Intel (INTC) Higher - TheStreet.com
- Banks Cough Up $26.1 Billion in Mortgage Relief - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America, MBIA Death Match Hurts Both: Moody's - TheStreet.com
- Intel CEO Out: It's About Time - TheStreet.com
- Intel CEO Otellini to Retire in May - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America Will Cut to Hit Earnings: Analyst - TheStreet.com
- Piper Jaffray Reiterates Neutral Rating, $19 PT on Intel Corporation - Benzinga
- Why the U.S. Stinks at Mobile Payments: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,307.17 Trade time:4:44PM EDT Value change:▼80.41 (-0.52%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,655.35 Trade time:4:43PM EDT Value change:▼13.81 (-0.83%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,463.30 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
RRsat Extends Distribution of Word Network to Australia, New Zealand and the Arab World
TD Bank Group Declares Dividends
TD Bank Group Reports Second Quarter 2013 Results
Royalty Pharma Reduces Acceptance Condition to 50% Plus One Share
Trimble Introduces New Integrated Solution for Drilling and Piling Operations
OncoGenex Announces Plans for the Initiation of the Cedar™ Clinical Trial Evaluating OGX-427 in Combination with Chemotherapy in Advanced Squamous Cell Lung Cancer
Gentherm Introduces Heated And Ventilated Chair For Global Office Furnishings Market
TD Bank Group Announces Intention to Repurchase for Cancellation up to 12 Million of its Common Shares