Bulls in Charge of American Electric Power
Published on Friday, 18 January 2013 04:51 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, January 18th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of American Electric Power Co., Inc. (NYSE:AEP) ended the trading session higher by $0.08 or 0.19% from its previous close. American Electric Power's price action formed what is considered to be a bullish engulfing candle that could very well signal a continuation of trend or reversal of the ongoing weakness.
American Electric Power Company, Inc.(NYSE:AEP) provides electric service, consisting of generation, transmission and distribution, on an integrated basis to their retail customers. AEP serves portions of the states of Arkansas, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia.
American Electric Power's recent stock range was formed by a trough where calculated support was defined at $40.72 and by a peak that established the resistance level at $43.76. This range could be used by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in American Electric Power or traders that are already holding the stock can use the bullish engulfing pattern to their advantage. The pattern provides a defined risk, as it shows where the bears were able to push the stock down, before the bulls step in with a bid.
The bullish engulfing pattern is a leading indicator that provides an alert to the bulls that the trend will continue or that there is an immediate reversal to the short-term weakness seen on the stock. Below an Engulfing Bullish Candle Illustration:
- FirstEnergy Corp. Declares Unchanged Common Stock Dividend
- Luis A. Reyes Elected to FirstEnergy Board of Directors
- JCP&L and IBEW Local 102 Begin Training Sessions for New Program to Enhance Response to Storms
- FirstEnergy Again Named Top Utility for Economic Development by Site Selection Magazine
- JCP&L and USDA Wildlife Services Work Together to Save Osprey Nest
- FirstEnergy Subsidiaries Apply for Authorization to Sell Eleven Hydroelectric Power Stations to Harbor Hydro Holdings, LLC
- JCP&L Warns Customers About Possible Scams
- FirstEnergy Nuclear Operating Company Names Ernest J. Harkness Site Vice President at Perry Nuclear Power Plant
- FirstEnergy Education Grant Applications Due September 16, 2013
- West Penn Power Places New Line in Service to Enhance Reliability of Southwestern Pennsylvania Transmission Network