Dow's Top Performers :IBM, MSFT, DIS
Published on Wednesday, 23 January 2013 12:35 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, January 23rd (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is higher trading at 13763.6, which represents 0.37% versus its previous trading session close, .
IBM (NYSE:IBM) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $206.11 representing 5.12% versus the previous trading session. Shares of IBM, the IT solutions and consulting services provider have defined support at $184.78 and resistance at $207.99.
Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $27.49 representing 1.25% from its previous close. Microsoft, the maker of Windows operating software has calculated support and resistance levels at $26.26 and $27.73 respectively. The other top performer this morning is Disney (NYSE:DIS), which is trading at $53.37 representing 1.2% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Hewlett Packard (NYSE:HPQ) that is trading at $16.99 or -1.51% from the previous close. Shares of Hewlett Packard, the maker of printers and personal computers have defined support at $14.84 and resistance at $17.45. Also among the worst performers we have Merck (NYSE:MRK), which is trading at $42.62 representing -1.34% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for December delivery is also trading higher at $0 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange higher by $0 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is leading the the S&P 500 and NASDAQ Composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 0, which represents 0% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 0 that represents 0% from previous session.
- Leading Vietnamese Bank Reaches New Clients with IBM Smarter Computing
- Top Performing Dow Component: Hewlett Packard
- Trading Idea: What to Expect as IBM Breaks Resistance
- Uganda Selects IBM and Waterfund to Benchmark Water Infrastructure
- IBM Announces New Capabilities to Deliver Real-Time Analytics via the Cloud
- TradersHuddle Dow's Update, In focus:PFE, HD, JPM, MSFT, CSCO
- CEVA Logistics Taps IBM SmartCloud to Deliver Real-time Supply Chain Services to Industry Leaders
- IBM Study: Top Chief Procurement Officers Drive 22 Percent Higher Profit Margins
- The Dannon Company Uses IBM Smarter Commerce to Support Yogurt Market Gains With Big Data Analytics
- Disney-Pixar's "Monsters University" Hits Campus with Music from Randy Newman and Axwell & Sebastian Ingrosso of Swedish House Mafia
Related Partner Headlines
- Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
- Could Turn Out Quite Well for IBM - TheStreet.com
- Hewlett-Packard Co (HPQ): Today's Featured Computer Hardware Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: International Business Machines (IBM) Leads The Day Higher, AT&T (T) Lags - TheStreet.com
- Bull Vs. Bear - Microsoft On The Rise (MSFT, GOOG, EBAY, BRK-B) - Investopedia
- Bull Vs. Bear - Microsoft Stinks (MSFT, NOK, AAPL, GOOG) - Investopedia
- Steven Sinofsky Denies Windows 8 and WP8 Merger Rumor - Benzinga
- Hewlett-Packard Fourth Quarter Earnings Preview - Investopedia
- International Business Machines Corp (IBM): Today's Featured Technology Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: International Business Machines (IBM) Lags - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,294.50 Trade time:4:53PM EDT Value change:▼12.67 (-0.08%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,650.51 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼4.84 (-0.29%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.42 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼3.88 (-0.11%)
In The Wires
SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Pomerantz Law Firm Investigates Claims on Behalf of Investors of rue21, inc. - RUE
BTB announces the sale of one of its commercial properties
Elephant Talk Communications Receives Non-Compliance Notice from NYSE MKT
CME Group Inc. Declares Quarterly Dividend
SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Pomerantz Law Firm Investigates Claims on Behalf of Investors of AsiaInfo-Linkage, Inc. - ASIA
Tempur-Pedic Announces Name Change To Tempur Sealy International, Inc.
Midwest Energy Emissions Corporation Adds Two New Directors
Dean Foods Announces Completion of Spin-Off of The WhiteWave Foods Company