Semis Stocks Round Up - Flat: CREE, AMD, MRVL
Published on Wednesday, 23 January 2013 16:51 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, January 23rd (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded flat at $0, representing 0% from its previous close. The semiconductor index had an overall mixed day with 16 index components trading higher.
Cree (NASDAQ:CREE) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $41.05, which represents 22.65%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Cree, the maker of lighting-class LEDs, LED lighting, and semiconductor solutions for wireless and power applications have defined support at $31.58 and resistance at $35.12.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE:AMD) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $2.73 representing 11.43% from its previous close. Advanced Micro Devices, the second largest chipmaker in the world has calculated support and resistance levels at $2.55 and $2.78 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was Marvell (NASDAQ:MRVL), which traded at $9.36 representing 5.41% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) that traded at $8.12 or -1.58% from the previous close. Shares of STMicroelectronics, the semiconductor integrated circuits and discrete devices maker have defined support at $5.31 and resistance at $8.05. Also among the worst performers was Texas Instruments (NASDAQ:TXN), which closed at $33.08 representing -1.14% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis equal to the broad market index S&P 500.
- Veeco Instruments - Top Performer Semiconductor
- Sector Wrap - Semis Higher: WFR, VECO, STM
- Is Marvell Breaking Out?
- Rubicon Technology - Worst Performing Semiconductor
- Semis Outperfomed the S&P 500 :MU, MRVL, CRUS
- Semis Underperfomed the S&P 500 :NVLS, NVDA, WFR
- Is Marvell Breaking Out?
- Sector Wrap - Semis Lower: WFR, AMD, MRVL
- Advanced Micro Devices Broke Resistance
- Cirrus Logic - Top Performing Semiconductor - Mid-Day Update
Related Partner Headlines
- UPDATE: Jefferies & Company Reiterates Hold Rating, Lowers PT on Marvell Technology Group Ltd. - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Stifel Nicolaus Cuts PT to $10 on Marvell Technology Group; Mobile Competition - Benzinga
- UPDATE: D.A. Davidson Reiterates Buy Rating, Lowers PT on Marvell Technology Group - Benzinga
- Advanced Micro Devices Stock Hits New 52-Week Low (AMD) - TheStreet.com
- Stock Market Story: Nov. 14 - TheStreet.com
- Stock Futures Rise Ahead of U.S. Data - TheStreet.com
- Morning Briefing: 10 Things You Should Know - TheStreet.com
- Stocks to Watch: Cisco, AMD, Staples - TheStreet.com
- AMD Shoots Down Sale Rumors - TheStreet.com
- U.S. to Become World's Top Oil Producer by 2017: Hot Trends - TheStreet.com
Recent Trading Ideas
Is Priceline.com Coming Down?
Google Is Near a Key Resistance Area
Above Resistance: United Technologies
Trading Idea: What to Expect as Devon Energy Breaks Resistance
Micron Technology Is Near a Key Resistance Area
IMAX Is Moving Above Resistance
Trading Idea: - Is Bank of America close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,387.58 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲52.30 (0.34%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,669.16 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲2.87 (0.17%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,502.12 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
AT&T 4G LTE Available In Outer Banks
ADW Capital Partners, L.P. Seeks Strategic Sale of Company to Maximize Shareholder Value
Comstock Mining's Higher Production, Stronger Balance Sheet, Prompts Early Repayment Of Loan
Atmel Confirms Appointment of Steve Skaggs as Permanent Chief Financial Officer
Ford Increases North American Capacity by 200,000 Units and Reduces Summer Shutdown to Meet Surging Demand
First Installment of Lincoln 'Hello, Again' Program Earns Three Industry Awards
AT&T 4G LTE Available In Ventura-Oxnard
AT&T Remains Committed To The Jersey Shore