New York, January 23rd (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded flat at $0, representing 0% from its previous close. The semiconductor index had an overall mixed day with 16 index components trading higher.
Cree (NASDAQ:CREE) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $41.05, which represents 22.65%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Cree, the maker of lighting-class LEDs, LED lighting, and semiconductor solutions for wireless and power applications have defined support at $31.58 and resistance at $35.12.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE:AMD) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $2.73 representing 11.43% from its previous close. Advanced Micro Devices, the second largest chipmaker in the world has calculated support and resistance levels at $2.55 and $2.78 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was Marvell (NASDAQ:MRVL), which traded at $9.36 representing 5.41% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) that traded at $8.12 or -1.58% from the previous close. Shares of STMicroelectronics, the semiconductor integrated circuits and discrete devices maker have defined support at $5.31 and resistance at $8.05. Also among the worst performers was Texas Instruments (NASDAQ:TXN), which closed at $33.08 representing -1.14% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis equal to the broad market index S&P 500.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines