Worst Performing Dow Component: McDonald's
Published on Thursday, 24 January 2013 12:35 Written by Christian Paolinetti
New York, January 24th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is higher trading at 13857.7, which represents 0.57% versus its previous trading session close, with only three of its components trading in the red.
Pfizer (NYSE:PFE) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $27.24 representing 2.21% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Pfizer, the pharmaceutical company maker of Viagra and Lipitor have defined support at $23.55 and resistance at $26.88.
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $21.08 representing 2.21% from its previous close. Cisco, the networking giant has calculated support and resistance levels at $19.31 and $21.18 respectively. The other top performer this morning is Bank of America (NYSE:BAC), which is trading at $11.63 representing 1.84% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include McDonald's (NYSE:MCD) that is trading at $93.07 or -0.44% from the previous close. Shares of McDonald's, the largest restaurant chain in the world have defined support at $86.37 and resistance at $90.17. Also among the worst performers we have Intel (NASDAQ:INTC), which is trading at $21.07 representing -0.19% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for December delivery is also trading higher at $86.67 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange higher by $1.22 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1498.86, which represents 0.27% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 3145.34 that represents -0.26% from previous session.
- Dow's Top Performers :PG, WMT, CSCO
- Is Pfizer Setting up for a Break Out?
- Top Performing Dow Component: Hewlett Packard
- McDonald's Announces Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Pfizer Is Close to its 50 Day Moving Average
- TradersHuddle Dow's Update, In focus:PFE, HD, JPM, MSFT, CSCO
- Key Levels for Pfizer
- Trading Idea: - Is Intel close to Resistance?
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: HD, JPM, MCD
- Trading Idea: - Is Bank of America close to Resistance?
Related Partner Headlines
- Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
- Banks Cough Up $26.1 Billion in Mortgage Relief - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America, MBIA Death Match Hurts Both: Moody's - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America Will Cut to Hit Earnings: Analyst - TheStreet.com
- Meraki Acquisition Brings "Simple" and "Secure" Cloud Managed Networks to Cisco - Benzinga
- Stock Futures Rise as Budget Talks Spur Optimism - TheStreet.com
- Why the U.S. Stinks at Mobile Payments: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- Stocks To Watch For November 19, 2012 - Benzinga
- Cisco Announces Intent to Acquire Meraki for $1.2B - Benzinga
- Dow Today: Pfizer (PFE) Higher - TheStreet.com
Recent Trading Ideas
Chesapeake Energy Is Close to Resistance
Windstream Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Applied Materials Is Close to Resistance
E*TRADE is Near a Key Support Area
First Solar is Near a Key Support Area
Trading Idea: Is Monster Worldwide close to Support?
Trading Idea: - Is Walgreen close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:35PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne Engines Boost Latest Communication Satellite into Orbit
Taylor Swift Tickets: Cheap Concert Tickets has Slashed Prices on Taylor Swift Concert Tickets in Arlington/Dallas, Philadelphia, East Rutherford, Los Angeles & Tacoma
Searchen Networks® Join National Federation of Independent Business
ATK Technologies Support Launch of ULA's Delta IV Rocket Carrying WGS-5
ITX Design Announces Recent Results of In-House Survey Gauging Web Traffic Trends in North America
PhenObestin 37.5 Can Help Make Bathing Suit Season Less Stressful
ShopPharmacyCounter.com PhenObestin 37.5 Summer Sale Now On
Your Grooming Business is in the Dog House: 5 Ways to Beat the Competition and Grow Revenue by Appointment-Plus Pet Grooming Software