TradersHuddle Dow's Update, In focus:CAT, MSFT, UNH, AA, AXP
Published on Monday, 28 January 2013 12:35 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, January 28th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is lower trading at 13885.3, which represents -0.08% versus its previous trading session close, with 14 of its components trading positively.
Caterpillar (NYSE:CAT) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $96.82 representing 1.3% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Caterpillar, the largest earth moving equipment maker in the world have defined support at $86.48 and resistance at $97.74.
Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $28.13 representing 0.9% from its previous close. Microsoft, the maker of Windows operating software has calculated support and resistance levels at $26.26 and $27.73 respectively. The other top performer this morning is United Health (NYSE:UNH), which is trading at $56.48 representing 0.78% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Alcoa (NYSE:AA) that is trading at $8.9 or -1.44% from the previous close. Shares of Alcoa, the aluminum producer have defined support at $8.84 and resistance at $9.33. Also among the worst performers we have American Express (NYSE:AXP), which is trading at $58.89 representing -1.02% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for December delivery is also trading lower at $0 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange lower by $0 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is lagging the S&P 500 and NASDAQ Composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 0, which represents 0% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 0 that represents 0% from previous session.
- TradersHuddle Dow's Update, In focus:KO, HPQ, CAT, VZ, BA
- Trading Idea: Is United Health Breaking Out?
- Approaching Support: Alcoa
- Worst Performing Dow Component: Procter
- United Health Is in a Very Tight Range
- Reference Points for United Health
- Trading Idea: What to Expect with Alcoa Breaking Support
- TradersHuddle Dow's Update, In focus:VZ, PFE, TRV, DD, AXP
- Is United Health Setting up for a Break Out?
- Dow Jones Round Up - Lower: HPQ, MSFT, PFE
Related Partner Headlines
- Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
- UnitedHealth Group Inc (UNH): Today's Featured Health Services Winner - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: Caterpillar (CAT) Leads The Day Higher, Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) Lags - TheStreet.com
- Bull Vs. Bear - Microsoft On The Rise (MSFT, GOOG, EBAY, BRK-B) - Investopedia
- Bull Vs. Bear - Microsoft Stinks (MSFT, NOK, AAPL, GOOG) - Investopedia
- Steven Sinofsky Denies Windows 8 and WP8 Merger Rumor - Benzinga
- Dow Today: Microsoft Corporation (MSFT) Lower - TheStreet.com
- Why's Microsoft's Windows Boss Leaving? A Bad Job Review? - TheStreet.com
- UnitedHealth Group Inc Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (UNH) - TheStreet.com
- Alcoa Inc (AA): Today's Featured Metals & Mining Laggard - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,112.19 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼206.04 (-1.35%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,628.93 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼22.88 (-1.39%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,443.20 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
Raytheon unveils Excalibur with dual-mode guidance
Tetragon Financial Group Limited (TFG) Monthly Update For May 2013
Raytheon's next generation of Enhanced Paveway™ II provides improved capability, performance
Youku Tudou and Qualcomm Collaborate to Provide High Quality Video on its Mobile Platform
Financeacceleration.com Announces 5 Reasons Setting Financial Goals is Important
Do the Bride a Favor GIVEs Top 5 Tips to Finding a Wedding Planner
TEMIA Spotlights Valicom Mobile Services Case Study
Sikorsky, Boeing Form Joint Venture to Offer Saudi Rotorcraft Logistics and Training