Rubicon Technology - Top Performer Semiconductor
Published on Wednesday, 30 January 2013 16:51 Written by Danny Miller
New York, January 30th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded flat at $0, representing 0% from its previous close. The semiconductor index exhibited strong upside with 18 index components on the plus side.
Rubicon Technology (NASDAQ:RBCN) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $6.7, which represents 1.67%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Rubicon Technology, the high-quality sapphire substrates and optical windows have defined support at $6.20 and resistance at $6.86.
Cree (NASDAQ:CREE) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $43.66 representing 1.63% from its previous close. Cree, the maker of lighting-class LEDs, LED lighting, and semiconductor solutions for wireless and power applications has calculated support and resistance levels at $31.58 and $42.76 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was Avago (NASDAQ:AVGO), which traded at $35.11 representing 1.56% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Marvell (NASDAQ:MRVL) that traded at $9.27 or -1.9% from the previous close. Shares of Marvell, the maker of integrated circuits for communications-related markets have defined support at $6.98 and resistance at $9.49. Also among the worst performers was KLA-Tencor (NASDAQ:KLAC), which closed at $55.29 representing -0.95% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis equal to the broad market index S&P 500.
- Microsoft announces quarterly dividend increase and share repurchase program
- Shell Brazil chooses Windows Phone to lower costs and increase employee productivity
- Banks put customers first with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Bing.com and FOX News team up to bring real-time online polling to nightly news; Bing Pulse featured on "Special Report with Bret Baier"
- Industry partners showcase new financial services apps for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8
- Microsoft launches worldwide Office 365 donation program for nonprofits
- InvestorsObserver releases comments on Microsoft, Toyota, Kroger, Sears Holdings, and Men's Wearhouse
- Microsoft launches Xbox Music across iOS and Android, adds free streaming on the Web
- NI Technology Research Updates Outlooks for Ciena, Finisar, Microsoft and Nokia
- Microsoft to acquire Nokia's Devices & Services business, license Nokia's patents and mapping services
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines