Rubicon Technology - Top Performer Semiconductor
Published on Wednesday, 30 January 2013 16:51 Written by Danny Miller
New York, January 30th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded flat at $0, representing 0% from its previous close. The semiconductor index exhibited strong upside with 18 index components on the plus side.
Rubicon Technology (NASDAQ:RBCN) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $6.7, which represents 1.67%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Rubicon Technology, the high-quality sapphire substrates and optical windows have defined support at $6.20 and resistance at $6.86.
Cree (NASDAQ:CREE) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $43.66 representing 1.63% from its previous close. Cree, the maker of lighting-class LEDs, LED lighting, and semiconductor solutions for wireless and power applications has calculated support and resistance levels at $31.58 and $42.76 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was Avago (NASDAQ:AVGO), which traded at $35.11 representing 1.56% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Marvell (NASDAQ:MRVL) that traded at $9.27 or -1.9% from the previous close. Shares of Marvell, the maker of integrated circuits for communications-related markets have defined support at $6.98 and resistance at $9.49. Also among the worst performers was KLA-Tencor (NASDAQ:KLAC), which closed at $55.29 representing -0.95% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis equal to the broad market index S&P 500.
- Sector Wrap - Semis Flat: WFR, MU, NVDA
- Cree - Top Performing Semiconductor - Mid-Day Update
- Veeco Instruments - Top Performer Semiconductor
- Sector Wrap - Semis Higher: WFR, VECO, STM
- Is Marvell Breaking Out?
- Rubicon Technology - Worst Performing Semiconductor
- Semis Outperfomed the S&P 500 :MU, MRVL, CRUS
- Semis Outperfoming the S&P 500 :TER, WFR, RBCN
- Semis Underperfomed the S&P 500 :NVLS, NVDA, WFR
- Is Marvell Breaking Out?
Related Partner Headlines
- UPDATE: Jefferies & Company Reiterates Hold Rating, Lowers PT on Marvell Technology Group Ltd. - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Stifel Nicolaus Cuts PT to $10 on Marvell Technology Group; Mobile Competition - Benzinga
- UPDATE: D.A. Davidson Reiterates Buy Rating, Lowers PT on Marvell Technology Group - Benzinga
- Rubicon Technology Inc. Stock Downgraded (RBCN) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Wedbush Securities Initiates Cree at Buy on Gross Margin Outlook - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Rubicon Posts Drop In Q3 Profit - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Stifel Nicolaus Lowers PT to $11 on Marvell Technology Group on Lower Estimates Ahead - Benzinga
- Avago Technologies Ltd (AVGO): Today's Featured Electronics Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Cree Releases New Generation 50V GaN HEMT Technology - Benzinga
- Benzinga Mid-Afternoon Market Update - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,294.50 Trade time:4:53PM EDT Value change:▼12.67 (-0.08%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,650.51 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼4.84 (-0.29%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.42 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼3.88 (-0.11%)
In The Wires
Santa Cruz County Bank Declares Cash Dividend
Acquisition of rue21, inc. by Funds Advised by the Private Equity Firm Apax Partners May Not Be in the Best Interests of rue21 Shareholders
Viking Minerals Inc: The Company enters into final negotiations to acquire Multi-Million dollar Coal Resource on profit sharing basis.
Crest Supplements its Proxy Statement Opposing Revised Terms for Sprint-Clearwire Merger
Novelis and CEO Philip Martens Win Top Honors at Platts Global Metals Awards
Venaxis Announces Pricing of Offering of Common Stock and Warrants
Synopsys Delivers VDK for Renesas RH850 MCUs
SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Pomerantz Law Firm Investigates Claims On Behalf of Investors of Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. - VSI