TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Lower Top Performers: TRV, T, WMT
Published on Thursday, 31 January 2013 12:35 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, January 31st (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is lower trading at 13881.2, which represents -0.21% versus its previous trading session close, with 16 of its components trading in positive territory.
Travelers (NYSE:TRV) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $78.42 representing 1.08% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Travelers, the property and casualty insurer have defined support at $70.73 and resistance at $80.00.
AT&T (NYSE:T) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $34.78 representing 0.87% from its previous close. AT&T, the communications company owner of the second wireless network in the U.S. has calculated support and resistance levels at $32.76 and $35.50 respectively. The other top performer this morning is Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT), which is trading at $70.06 representing 0.44% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Bank of America (NYSE:BAC) that is trading at $11.25 or -1.15% from the previous close. Shares of Bank of America, the largest U.S. lender have defined support at $11.02 and resistance at $11.72. Also among the worst performers we have Boeing (NYSE:BA), which is trading at $74.01 representing -0.78% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for December delivery is also trading lower at $86.67 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange lower by $1.22 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is lagging the S&P 500 and NASDAQ Composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 0, which represents 0% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 0 that represents 0% from previous session.
- Microsoft announces quarterly dividend increase and share repurchase program
- Shell Brazil chooses Windows Phone to lower costs and increase employee productivity
- Banks put customers first with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Bing.com and FOX News team up to bring real-time online polling to nightly news; Bing Pulse featured on "Special Report with Bret Baier"
- Industry partners showcase new financial services apps for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8
- Microsoft launches worldwide Office 365 donation program for nonprofits
- InvestorsObserver releases comments on Microsoft, Toyota, Kroger, Sears Holdings, and Men's Wearhouse
- Microsoft launches Xbox Music across iOS and Android, adds free streaming on the Web
- NI Technology Research Updates Outlooks for Ciena, Finisar, Microsoft and Nokia
- Microsoft to acquire Nokia's Devices & Services business, license Nokia's patents and mapping services
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines