Marvell Bullish Engulfing Formed
Published on Friday, 01 February 2013 21:12 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, February 1st (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (NASDAQ:MRVL) ended the trading session higher by $0.28 or 3.03% from its previous close. Marvell's price action formed what is considered to be a bullish engulfing candle that could very well signal a continuation of trend or reversal of the ongoing weakness.
Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (NASDAQ:MRVL) designs, develops, and markets integrated circuits for communications-related markets. The Company offers products that provide the interface between analog signals and the digital information used in computing and communications systems.
Marvell's recent stock range was formed by a trough where calculated support was defined at $6.98 and by a peak that established the resistance level at $9.38. This range could be used by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in Marvell or traders that are already holding the stock can use the bullish engulfing pattern to their advantage. The pattern provides a defined risk, as it shows where the bears were able to push the stock down, before the bulls step in with a bid.
The bullish engulfing pattern is a leading indicator that provides an alert to the bulls that the trend will continue or that there is an immediate reversal to the short-term weakness seen on the stock. Below an Engulfing Bullish Candle Illustration:
- Is Marvell Breaking Out?
- Semis Outperfomed the S&P 500 :MU, MRVL, CRUS
- Is Marvell Breaking Out?
- Sector Wrap - Semis Lower: WFR, AMD, MRVL
- Close to the 50 Day Moving Average: Marvell
- Trading Idea: - Is Marvell close to Resistance?
- Semis Underperfomed the S&P 500 :AMD, VECO, RBCN
- Sector Wrap - Semis Flat: AMD, CREE, CRUS
- NASDAQ 100 Round Up - Higher: STX, EXPD, GILD
- Marvell Broke Resistance
Related Partner Headlines
- UPDATE: Jefferies & Company Reiterates Hold Rating, Lowers PT on Marvell Technology Group Ltd. - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Stifel Nicolaus Cuts PT to $10 on Marvell Technology Group; Mobile Competition - Benzinga
- UPDATE: D.A. Davidson Reiterates Buy Rating, Lowers PT on Marvell Technology Group - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Stifel Nicolaus Lowers PT to $11 on Marvell Technology Group on Lower Estimates Ahead - Benzinga
- Benzinga Mid-Afternoon Market Update - Benzinga
- Marvell Technology Group Stock Hits New 52-Week Low (MRVL) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Credit Suisse Downgrades Marvell Technology Group to Neutral on Pre-Announcement - Benzinga
- UPDATE: ACI Research Upgrades Marvell Technology Group to Hold on Windows 8 Transition - Benzinga
- Semiconductors Stocks, Including NXP, Making Big Moves on October 19, 2012 - Investopedia
- UPDATE: FBR Capital Markets Downgrades Marvell Technology Group to Market Perform on Risks - Benzinga
Recent Trading Ideas
Is Priceline.com Coming Down?
Google Is Near a Key Resistance Area
Above Resistance: United Technologies
Trading Idea: What to Expect as Devon Energy Breaks Resistance
Micron Technology Is Near a Key Resistance Area
IMAX Is Moving Above Resistance
Trading Idea: - Is Bank of America close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,371.25 Trade time:11:40AM EDT Value change:▲35.97 (0.23%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,668.32 Trade time:11:40AM EDT Value change:▲2.03 (0.12%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,499.25 Trade time:11:40AM EDT Value change:▲2.82 (0.08%)
In The Wires
American Woodmark Corporation Announces Fourth Quarter Conference Call On The Internet
BOREAL WATER Signs a Private Label Deal With DEAN & DELUCA
BD Board Declares Dividend
Marriott Foundation Funds New Charitable Initiative Supporting Youth In China
Microsoft Corp. Announces mcaConnect Winner for Industry Partner of the Year Award 2013
Kimberly-Clark Professional Introduces New Wiping Solutions Designed to Meet Aviation Industry Needs
Hain Celestial to Present at the Citi 2013 Global Consumer Conference
YRC Freight Implements Network Optimization Plan