Shares of Marvell Hesitating?
Published on Thursday, 07 February 2013 22:00 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, February 7th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (NASDAQ:MRVL) closed the trading day lower by $0.01 or -0.11% from its previous close. Marvell's price action formed what is considered to be a doji close, where the open and close prices are very close to each other, mainly signaling an indecision between buyers and sellers.
Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (NASDAQ:MRVL) designs, develops, and markets integrated circuits for communications-related markets. The Company offers products that provide the interface between analog signals and the digital information used in computing and communications systems.
Marvell's trading range is defined by a trough, which marked calculated support at $7.05 and by a peak that set the resistance point at $8.72. These levels are closely watched by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in Marvell or traders that are already holding the stock can use the doji close to their advantage, since the pattern present a short-term pause in the stock's price action. This pause results in an entry point for traders depending of which way the stock resolves this short-term indecision.
The Doji is an important candlestick pattern that provides information on their own and as components in a number of important patterns. Doji form when a security's open and close are virtually equal. The length of the upper and lower shadows can vary and the resulting candlestick looks like a cross, inverted cross or plus sign. Alone, doji are neutral patterns.
Any bullish or bearish bias is based on preceding price action and future confirmation. In the case of Marvell, given that the stock finished the session lower, bears should monitor the stock, as it could reverse if it manages to trade above its intraday high. Below a Doji illustration:
- Boeing Flies First 787-9 Dreamliner
- Boeing Announces Montana Site Expansion and 787-10 Work
- Critical Alerts For Micron Technology, Caterpillar, Nike, Seagate Technology, and Humana Released By InvestorsObserver
- Is Apple Breaking Down?
- Boeing Forecasts Growing Need for New Pilots in Asia Pacific Region
- Caterpillar Inc. Group President and Director of Investor Relations to Participate in the Citi 2013 US and European Industrials Conference on September 17; Webcast Available
- Apple is Near a Key Support Area
- Is Apple Close to Probable Support
- Apple Is Near Resistance
- Boeing Forecasts China's Fleet to Triple Over Next 20 Years
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines