Worst Performing Dow Component: Boeing
Published on Friday, 08 February 2013 12:35 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, February 8th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is higher trading at 13990.4, which represents 0.33% versus its previous trading session close, with 23 of its components trading in positive territory.
Hewlett Packard (NYSE:HPQ) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $16.72 representing 1.7% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Hewlett Packard, the maker of printers and personal computers have defined support at $16.03 and resistance at $17.06.
United Health (NYSE:UNH) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $57.86 representing 1.42% from its previous close. United Health, the owner and manager of organized health systems has calculated support and resistance levels at $51.36 and $56.44 respectively. The other top performer this morning is Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT), which is trading at $27.59 representing 1.13% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Boeing (NYSE:BA) that is trading at $76.61 or -1.06% from the previous close. Shares of Boeing, the maker of the 787 Dreamliner have defined support at $72.68 and resistance at $76.98. Also among the worst performers we have Travelers (NYSE:TRV), which is trading at $78.52 representing -0.76% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for December delivery is also trading higher at $0 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange higher by $0 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1516.91, which represents 0.5% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 3194.18 that represents 0.92% from previous session.
- Top Performing Dow Component: Hewlett Packard
- Reference Points for United Health
- TradersHuddle Dow's Update, In focus:PFE, HD, JPM, MSFT, CSCO
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: HD, JPM, MCD
- Leading Investment Service Previews Earnings for Salesforce.com, NetApp, H-P, Target & Others
- Boeing Begins Certification Testing on 747-8 Performance Improvements
- Top Tech Analyst Previews Earnings for Analog Devices, Hewlett-Packard, and Marvell Technology Group
- United Health Is Near a Key Resistance Area
- Boeing Showcases BBJ 3 for the First Time at EBACE 2013
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: BA, UTX, AA
Related Partner Headlines
- Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
- Hewlett-Packard Co (HPQ): Today's Featured Computer Hardware Laggard - TheStreet.com
- UnitedHealth Group Inc (UNH): Today's Featured Health Services Winner - TheStreet.com
- Bull Vs. Bear - Microsoft On The Rise (MSFT, GOOG, EBAY, BRK-B) - Investopedia
- Bull Vs. Bear - Microsoft Stinks (MSFT, NOK, AAPL, GOOG) - Investopedia
- Steven Sinofsky Denies Windows 8 and WP8 Merger Rumor - Benzinga
- Hewlett-Packard Fourth Quarter Earnings Preview - Investopedia
- Boeing Co (BA): Today's Featured Aerospace/Defense Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: Microsoft Corporation (MSFT) Lower - TheStreet.com
- Why's Microsoft's Windows Boss Leaving? A Bad Job Review? - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,264.57 Trade time:11:43AM EDT Value change:▼29.93 (-0.20%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,644.76 Trade time:11:43AM EDT Value change:▼5.75 (-0.35%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,446.91 Trade time:11:43AM EDT Value change:▼12.51 (-0.36%)
In The Wires
Cushing® Renaissance Fund Announces Quarterly Distribution
JCP&L Completes Numerous Projects Prior to Summer Season to Enhance Customer Service Reliability
Dr. Edward W. Knowlton Resigns as a Director of Solta Medical, Inc.
Cushing® MLP Total Return Fund Announces Quarterly Distribution
Cushing® Royalty & Income Fund Announces Quarterly Distribution
Ryan & Maniskas, LLP Announces Investigation of rue21, Inc.
Allstate Assisting Oklahoma Policyholders Cleaning Up After Tornadoes
Tupperware Brands Corporation Declares Quarterly Dividend