BNY Mellon Adds Electronic Communication Network Enhancement to Foreign Exchange Trading Operations
Published on Monday, 11 February 2013 08:09 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
Participation in FastMatch ECN will provide traders with access to more timely pricing information, more efficient transaction processing and increased liquidity
NEW YORK, Feb. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- BNY Mellon, the global leader in investment management and investment services, today announced that foreign exchange traders in its Global Markets group are now capable of flowing FX orders to the FastMatch® electronic communication network (ECN).
Based on the matching technology underpinning Credit Suisse's Crossfinder® offering, FastMatch® has been retooled and refined to the needs of global foreign exchange traders. It has been designed to give traders access to large pools of diversified liquidity at unparalleled levels of speed and pricing transparency. As part of its adoption of ECN-based trading capabilities, BNY Mellon has acquired an ownership interest in FastMatch, joining Credit Suisse Group AG and FXCM Inc. as partners in the venture.
"Giving our traders and customers access to FastMatch's ECN capabilities will provide additional alternatives to source liquidity by accessing larger pools of buy/sell opportunity, as well as faster execution," said Craig Messinger, executive vice president and global head of trading and risk management for BNY Mellon Global Markets.
"Participating in FastMatch continues BNY Mellon's tradition of electronic innovation in the FX space," said Jorge Rodriguez, executive vice president and global head of foreign exchange sales for BNY Mellon "With investors increasingly focused on the importance of managing currency risk, we're committed to putting in place FX service enhancements that will enable us to add even more value to client relationships across the BNY Mellon enterprise."
BNY Mellon Global Markets includes the Foreign Exchange and Derivatives business of The Bank of New York Mellon together with the securities business of BNY Mellon Capital Markets, LLC, an SEC registered broker dealer1. These three businesses provide products for corporate, institutional and high net worth investors to access liquidity, execute investment and hedging requirements, and manage risk. With foreign exchange sales and trading desks in New York, Boston, Pittsburgh, London, Brussels, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Taipei, Seoul and Shanghai, BNY Mellon Global Markets has access to more than 100 countries, and is recognized by industry publications as a global leader in FX research and FX technology. BNY Mellon's derivatives business offers hedging products based in the interest rate, currency and equity markets, and BNY Mellon Capital Markets underwrites and transacts on Exchange and over the counter markets in a broad range of debt and equity securities.
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 36 countries and more than 100 markets. As of December 31, 2012, BNY Mellon had $26.7 trillion in assets under custody and administration, and $1.4 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com, or follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon.
1. BNY Mellon Capital Markets, LLC is an indirect-wholly-owned subsidiary of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation and a member of FINRA and SIPC. Each is authorized and regulated as required within each jurisdiction.
SOURCE BNY Mellon
- Pershing and BNY Mellon Combine Bank and Brokerage Custody into a Single Service Offering
- BNY Mellon Supports Greater Boston PFLAG's Step UP! Pride and Passion 2013
- BNY Mellon Announces Redemption of Capital Securities
- Eagle Helps Clients Address Regulation, Risk Management with LEI and Cleared Swaps Support
- Prolonged Multi-Year Global Economic Expansion Expected Says BNY Mellon's Chief Economist Richard Hoey
- U.S. Equities Propel First Quarter Returns for U.S. Master Trust Universe, says BNY Mellon
- BNY Mellon Named Successor Depositary by Westpac Banking Corporation
- Abenomics Must Succeed with Fiscal, Monetary and Growth Policies to Boost Economy, According to Mellon Capital
- BNY Mellon extends outsourcing arrangement with River and Mercantile to service $3.1 billion in assets
- BNY Mellon Announces Pricing of Public Offering of $500 Million of Depositary Shares Representing Interests in Preferred Stock
Related Partner Headlines
- Bank Of New York Mellon Corp Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (BK) - TheStreet.com
- 5 Stocks Pushing The Financial Sector Higher - TheStreet.com
- Bank Of New York Mellon Stock Hits New 52-Week High (BK) - TheStreet.com
- Trust Banks: Financial Winners - TheStreet.com
- 4 Stocks Pushing The Financial Services Industry Higher - TheStreet.com
- Bank Of New York Mellon Corp (BK): Today's Featured Financial Services Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Gabriela Parcella Named Chairman of Mellon Capital - Benzinga
- Bank Of New York Mellon Corp Stock Upgraded (BK) - TheStreet.com
- Bank Of New York Mellon Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow (BK) - TheStreet.com
- Bank Of New York Mellon Corp Stock Hold Recommendation Reiterated (BK) - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,354.40 Trade time:4:40PM EDT Value change:▲121.18 (0.80%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,667.47 Trade time:4:39PM EDT Value change:▲17.00 (1.03%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,498.97 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▲33.73 (0.97%)
In The Wires
Green Acre Aquaponics Introduces a Revolutionary Approach to Farm Education and Commercial Aquaponics
Jim Case Carlton’s Training Announces New Performance Appraisal Process
fishbat Honored For Raising Over $30,000 For Island Harvest
Valley Auto Loans Announces New High Risk Auto Insurance Service
Feed Additives Market to Reach $19.5 Billion by 2017 at a CAGR of 3.8% - New Report by MarketandMarkets
Gilbert AC Repair Company Announcing Diagnostic Fee Waived For New Customers
VegasHotelEscapes.com Announces Special Vegas Packages For Billboard Music Awards
South African Car Crash Visualisation shows worrying trends