Bottom Fishing on Weyerhaeuser
Published on Monday, 11 February 2013 18:27 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, February 11th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Weyerhaeuser Company (NYSE:WY) ended the trading session lower by $0.07 or -0.23% from its previous close. Weyerhaeuser's price action in the session formed what is considered to be a Hammer, where bears drove prices lower intraday. However, the strong finish indicates that bulls regained control, forming a trend reversal.
Weyerhaeuser Company (NYSE:WY) is an integrated forest products company. The Company primarily grows and harvests trees, develops and construct real estate and makes a range of forest products.
Weyerhaeuser's stock has been trading in a well defined range with calculated support at $29.68 and resistance at $31.74. This range can be used by traders to plan their next moves.
Traders wanting to establish a position in Weyerhaeuser or traders that are already holding the stock can use the hammer formation to their advantage, since the pattern signal a potential bullish trend reversal.
The Hammer is an important candlestick pattern, as it can mark bottoms and support levels. Further buying pressure, and preferably on expanding volume, is needed before acting, as heavy volume will serve to confirm the validity of the reversal.
In the case of Weyerhaeuser, traders who want to add to their positions or start a new position, need to watch for confirmation of the reversal. Below a Hammer illustration:
- Boeing Flies First 787-9 Dreamliner
- Boeing Announces Montana Site Expansion and 787-10 Work
- Critical Alerts For Micron Technology, Caterpillar, Nike, Seagate Technology, and Humana Released By InvestorsObserver
- Is Apple Breaking Down?
- Boeing Forecasts Growing Need for New Pilots in Asia Pacific Region
- Caterpillar Inc. Group President and Director of Investor Relations to Participate in the Citi 2013 US and European Industrials Conference on September 17; Webcast Available
- Apple is Near a Key Support Area
- Is Apple Close to Probable Support
- Apple Is Near Resistance
- Boeing Forecasts China's Fleet to Triple Over Next 20 Years
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines