New York, February 13th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index is trading higher at $428.51, representing 0.52% from its previous close. The semiconductor index is exhibiting strong upside with 22 index components on the plus side.
MEMC Electronic Materials (NYSE:WFR) is the top performer of the semis, trading at $4.7, which represents 4.44%. from the previous trading session. Shares of MEMC Electronic Materials, the silicon wafers producer have defined support at $3.77 and resistance at $4.34.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE:AMD) is also among the top performers, currently trading at $2.77 representing 3.75% from its previous close. Advanced Micro Devices, the second largest chipmaker in the world has calculated support and resistance levels at $2.45 and $2.93 respectively. The other top performer of the semis is Rubicon Technology (NASDAQ:RBCN), which is trading at $5.85 representing 2.27% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include MKS Instruments (NASDAQ:MKSI) that is trading at $28.39 or -1.08% from the previous close. Shares of MKS Instruments, the provider of instruments and components used to measure, control, analyze and isolate gases in semiconductor and other manufacturing processes have defined support at $27.31 and resistance at $29.45. Also among the worst performers is Marvell (NASDAQ:MRVL), which is currently trading at $9.37 representing -0.9% from the previous trading session.
Today, the Semis are outperforming the broad market index S&P 500.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”