Dow Jones Round Up - Higher: BAC, HPQ, GE
Published on Tuesday, 19 February 2013 12:35 Written by Christian Paolinetti
New York, February 19th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is higher trading at 14025.3, which represents 0.31% versus its previous trading session close, with 23 of its components trading in positive territory.
Bank of America (NYSE:BAC) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $12.29 representing 2.16% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Bank of America, the largest U.S. lender have defined support at $11.02 and resistance at $12.42.
Hewlett Packard (NYSE:HPQ) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $17.08 representing 1.73% from its previous close. Hewlett Packard, the maker of printers and personal computers has calculated support and resistance levels at $16.03 and $17.22 respectively. The other top performer this morning is General Electric (NYSE:GE), which is trading at $23.65 representing 1.55% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include United Health (NYSE:UNH) that is trading at $56.03 or -2.25% from the previous close. Shares of United Health, the owner and manager of organized health systems have defined support at $51.36 and resistance at $58.26. Also among the worst performers we have Alcoa (NYSE:AA), which is trading at $9.19 representing -1.45% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for December delivery is also trading higher at $85.45 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange higher by $0 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1527.21, which represents 0.49% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 3202.79 that represents 0.34% from previous session.
- Trading Idea: - Is General Electric close to Resistance?
- Top Performing Dow Component: Hewlett Packard
- Reference Points for United Health
- Leading Investment Service Previews Earnings for Salesforce.com, NetApp, H-P, Target & Others
- Top Tech Analyst Previews Earnings for Analog Devices, Hewlett-Packard, and Marvell Technology Group
- Trading Idea: - Is Bank of America close to Resistance?
- Close to the 50 Day Moving Average: General Electric
- Alcoa Is in a Very Tight Range
- United Health Is Near a Key Resistance Area
- Trading Idea: Is General Electric Breaking Out?
Related Partner Headlines
- Banks Cough Up $26.1 Billion in Mortgage Relief - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America, MBIA Death Match Hurts Both: Moody's - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America Will Cut to Hit Earnings: Analyst - TheStreet.com
- Why the U.S. Stinks at Mobile Payments: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- Hewlett-Packard Co (HPQ): Today's Featured Computer Hardware Laggard - TheStreet.com
- UnitedHealth Group Inc (UNH): Today's Featured Health Services Winner - TheStreet.com
- Big Bank Break-Ups Need to Wait: Dudley - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America and Berkowitz Follow Different Scripts: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Citigroup Reiterates Buy Rating, Lowers PT on General Electric Company - Benzinga
- New York Community Bank Opens Faster Than Giants After Sandy - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,255.11 Trade time:9:36AM EDT Value change:▼39.39 (-0.26%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,643.19 Trade time:9:36AM EDT Value change:▼7.32 (-0.44%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,444.27 Trade time:9:36AM EDT Value change:▼15.15 (-0.44%)
In The Wires
Innovative Food Holdings to Present at the Second Annual Marcum LLP MicroCap Conference
Cognizant to Present at Investor Conferences
Delta, the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey, JFKIAT Open New $1.4 Billion Terminal 4 at JFK International Airport
InspireMD To Participate In Benchmark Investor Conference On May 30th
Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Earns TripAdvisor 2013 Certificate of Excellence, Offers Special Rate
NetSuite To Showcase Commerce Product Innovation And Customer Success At IRCE 2013
rue21, inc. Shareholder Alert: Bernstein Liebhard LLP Announces Investigation of Acquisition by Funds Advised by Apax Partners
NetSuite Wins Two SIIA Software CODiE Awards