Sector Wrap - Semis Lower: MRVL, HITT, NETL
Published on Thursday, 21 February 2013 16:51 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, February 21st (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded lower at $416.29, representing -1.81% from its previous close. The semiconductor index tumbled with 27 index components on the negative side.
Marvell (NASDAQ:MRVL) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $9.3, which represents 0.65%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Marvell, the maker of integrated circuits for communications-related markets have defined support at $6.98 and resistance at $9.56.
Hittite Microwave (NASDAQ:HITT) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $64.66 representing -0.12% from its previous close. Hittite Microwave, the maker of integrated circuits, modules, subsystems and instrumentation for technically demanding radio frequency, microwave and millimeterwave applications has calculated support and resistance levels at $58.37 and $66.48 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was (), which traded at $26.95 representing -0.33% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Rubicon Technology (NASDAQ:RBCN) that traded at $4.96 or -14.04% from the previous close. Shares of Rubicon Technology, the high-quality sapphire substrates and optical windows have defined support at $5.31 and resistance at $6.10. Also among the worst performers was MEMC Electronic Materials (NYSE:WFR), which closed at $4.77 representing -9.14% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis underperformed the broad market index S&P 500.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Advanced Micro Devices Is Near Resistance
Is Petrobras Closing in to Resistance?
Trading Idea: What to Expect as Boston Beer Breaks Resistance
Rowan Companies Is Near Resistance
FLIR Systems Is Close to the 50 Day Moving Average
Is Avon Expecting Resistance Soon?
Vulcan Is Near its 200 Day Moving Average
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com