Sector Wrap - Semis Lower: MRVL, HITT, NETL
Published on Thursday, 21 February 2013 16:51 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, February 21st (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded lower at $416.29, representing -1.81% from its previous close. The semiconductor index tumbled with 27 index components on the negative side.
Marvell (NASDAQ:MRVL) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $9.3, which represents 0.65%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Marvell, the maker of integrated circuits for communications-related markets have defined support at $6.98 and resistance at $9.56.
Hittite Microwave (NASDAQ:HITT) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $64.66 representing -0.12% from its previous close. Hittite Microwave, the maker of integrated circuits, modules, subsystems and instrumentation for technically demanding radio frequency, microwave and millimeterwave applications has calculated support and resistance levels at $58.37 and $66.48 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was (), which traded at $26.95 representing -0.33% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Rubicon Technology (NASDAQ:RBCN) that traded at $4.96 or -14.04% from the previous close. Shares of Rubicon Technology, the high-quality sapphire substrates and optical windows have defined support at $5.31 and resistance at $6.10. Also among the worst performers was MEMC Electronic Materials (NYSE:WFR), which closed at $4.77 representing -9.14% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis underperformed the broad market index S&P 500.
- China Biologic Comments on the Proposed Shanghai RAAS Transaction
- Intuitive Surgical is Near a Key Support Area
- Trading Idea: - Is Macy's close to Resistance?
- MBIA near Support
- Southwestern Energy Is Close to its 50 Day Moving Average
- Is Pfizer Setting up for a Break Out?
- Quanta Services Is Close to its 50 Day Moving Average
- Advanced Micro Devices Is Near Resistance
- Trading Idea: What to Expect with Petrobras Breaking Support
- UTStarcom Reports Unaudited First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
Related Partner Headlines
- UPDATE: Jefferies & Company Reiterates Hold Rating, Lowers PT on Marvell Technology Group Ltd. - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Stifel Nicolaus Cuts PT to $10 on Marvell Technology Group; Mobile Competition - Benzinga
- UPDATE: D.A. Davidson Reiterates Buy Rating, Lowers PT on Marvell Technology Group - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Stifel Nicolaus Raises PT to $62 on Hittite Microwave on Favorable Fundamentals - Benzinga
- Rubicon Technology Inc. Stock Downgraded (RBCN) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Rubicon Posts Drop In Q3 Profit - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Stifel Nicolaus Lowers PT to $11 on Marvell Technology Group on Lower Estimates Ahead - Benzinga
- Benzinga Mid-Afternoon Market Update - Benzinga
- Marvell Technology Group Stock Hits New 52-Week Low (MRVL) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Credit Suisse Downgrades Marvell Technology Group to Neutral on Pre-Announcement - Benzinga
Recent Trading Ideas
Close to the 50 Day Moving Average: Procter
Intuitive Surgical is Near a Key Support Area
Trading Idea: - Is Macy's close to Resistance?
MBIA near Support
Southwestern Energy Is Close to its 50 Day Moving Average
Is Pfizer Setting up for a Break Out?
Quanta Services Is Close to its 50 Day Moving Average
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,294.50 Trade time:4:53PM EDT Value change:▼12.67 (-0.08%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,650.51 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼4.84 (-0.29%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.42 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼3.88 (-0.11%)
In The Wires
China Biologic Comments on the Proposed Shanghai RAAS Transaction
UTStarcom Reports Unaudited First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
Mood Media announces board approval of advance notice by-law
Healthcare Trust of America, Inc. CEO Scott D. Peters Interviewed on TheStreet.com
AsiaInfo-Linkage Inc. Sells Interests in Two Contractually Controlled Entities
Enerplus Announces Cash Dividend for June 2013
Sinovac Beijing Obtains China GMP Certificate Under the New GMP Guidelines
Gold Fields Limited: Talas Copper Gold Project