Ingersoll-Rand: Waiting for Direction
Published on Friday, 22 February 2013 18:33 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, February 22nd (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Ingersoll-Rand Plc (NYSE:IR) closed the trading day higher by $0.36 or 0.69% from its previous close. Ingersoll-Rand's price action formed what is considered to be a doji close, where the open and close prices are very close to each other, mainly signaling an indecision between buyers and sellers.
Ingersoll-Rand Plc (NYSE:IR) is a diversified, global company that provides a diverse range of products and services for a wide range of industries. The Dublin, Ireland based company offers air conditioning systems and services, climate control technologies, industrial technologies and security technologies.
Ingersoll-Rand's trading range is defined by a trough, which marked calculated support at $47.15 and by a peak that set the resistance point at $51.69. These levels are closely watched by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in Ingersoll-Rand or traders that are already holding the stock can use the doji close to their advantage, since the pattern present a short-term pause in the stock's price action. This pause results in an entry point for traders depending of which way the stock resolves this short-term indecision.
The Doji is an important candlestick pattern that provides information on their own and as components in a number of important patterns. Doji form when a security's open and close are virtually equal. The length of the upper and lower shadows can vary and the resulting candlestick looks like a cross, inverted cross or plus sign. Alone, doji are neutral patterns.
Any bullish or bearish bias is based on preceding price action and future confirmation. In the case of Ingersoll-Rand, given that the stock finished the session higher, bulls should monitor their positions for confirmation that the stock will continue higher by taking its intraday high. Below a Doji illustration:
- Universal Technical Institute Hosts Bi-Annual Car Seat Inspection Event on Campus
- NASCAR Technical Institute Partners with Championship-Winning K&N Engineering
- Universal Technical Institute's 11 Campuses Awarded 2014 Military Friendly Schools ® Designation
- Universal Technical Institute Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Hendrickson International Establishes Jerry Reynolds Memorial Scholarship with Universal Technical Institute (UTI) Foundation
- NASCAR Technical Institute Celebrates 10 Years of Fueling the Industry with Graduates Who Are "Chosen by Industry. Ready to Work. Ready to Race."
- Universal Technical Institute's National Director of High School Development Named to STEM Education Coalition Leadership Council
- Universal Technical Institute Reports Fiscal Year 2013 Third Quarter Results
- Universal Technical Institute Marks Milestone Anniversary
- Universal Technical Institute Schedules Fiscal 2013 Third Quarter Earnings Release and Conference Call - Revised
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines