Worst Performing Dow Component: Bank of America
Published on Monday, 25 February 2013 12:35 Written by Danny Miller
New York, February 25th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is lower trading at 13955.2, which represents -0.32% versus its previous trading session close, with 14 of its components trading positively.
McDonald's (NYSE:MCD) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $96.34 representing 1.14% versus the previous trading session. Shares of McDonald's, the largest restaurant chain in the world have defined support at $86.37 and resistance at $96.33.
DuPont (NYSE:DD) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $47.63 representing 0.83% from its previous close. DuPont, the life sciences company has calculated support and resistance levels at $41.67 and $48.40 respectively. The other top performer this morning is Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT), which is trading at $70.79 representing 0.55% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Bank of America (NYSE:BAC) that is trading at $11.23 or -1.88% from the previous close. Shares of Bank of America, the largest U.S. lender have defined support at $11.02 and resistance at $12.42. Also among the worst performers we have Boeing (NYSE:BA), which is trading at $75.6 representing -1.38% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for December delivery is also trading lower at $86.67 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange lower by $1.22 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1510.97, which represents -0.31% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 3159.29 that represents -0.08% from previous session.
- DuPont Is Moving Above Resistance
- Boeing Showcases BBJ 3 for the First Time at EBACE 2013
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: BA, UTX, AA
- Walmart, Sam's Club and Operation Homefront Kick off Saluting Heroes Together Series on Armed Forces Day
- ViaSat Announces Next Generation Broadband Satellite
- Dow's Top Performers :CSCO, HPQ, IBM
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Lower Top Performers: AXP, PG, WMT
- Boeing, Southwest Airlines Announce Launch of 737 MAX 7
- Walmart Announces Completion of Eight New Solar Arrays in Massachusetts
- Is Bank of America Breaking Out?
Related Partner Headlines
- Banks Cough Up $26.1 Billion in Mortgage Relief - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America, MBIA Death Match Hurts Both: Moody's - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America Will Cut to Hit Earnings: Analyst - TheStreet.com
- Why the U.S. Stinks at Mobile Payments: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: E.I. Du Pont De Nemours & Company (DD) Lower - TheStreet.com
- Big Bank Break-Ups Need to Wait: Dudley - TheStreet.com
- Walmart's "Meh" Quarter Doesn't Excite Investors (WMT, TGT, COST, AMZN) - Investopedia
- Dow Today: Wal-Mart Stores (WMT) Lower - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America and Berkowitz Follow Different Scripts: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc (WMT): Today's Featured Retail Laggard - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,348.56 Trade time:3:14PM EDT Value change:▼5.84 (-0.04%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,667.55 Trade time:3:14PM EDT Value change:▲0.08 (0.00%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,498.65 Trade time:3:14PM EDT Value change:▼0.32 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. Acquires Garza Long Group
MiMedx Secures a $3.0 Million Revolving Line of Credit with Bank of America
Norfolk Southern Chief Information Officer to address Wolfe Research 6th Annual Global Transportation Conference
Calling All Grill Masters: Is It Done Yet?
Navistar Hires Bill Kozek As President Of Its North America Truck And Parts Business
United Airlines Welcomes Back Boeing 787 Dreamliner
Pepsi® and Mountain Dew® Kick off an "Iconic Summer" with Prizes and Exclusive fan experiences
Pacific Shore Holdings Retains Investor Relations Firm