Semis Stocks Mid-Day Round Up - Higher: CREE, WFR, VECO
Published on Tuesday, 05 March 2013 11:52 Written by Christian Paolinetti
New York, March 5th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index is trading higher at $430.16, representing 1.45% from its previous close. The semiconductor index is having a broad rally with 26 index components trading higher.
Cree (NASDAQ:CREE) is the top performer of the semis, trading at $49.7, which represents 11.14%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Cree, the maker of lighting-class LEDs, LED lighting, and semiconductor solutions for wireless and power applications have defined support at $43.00 and resistance at $46.04.
MEMC Electronic Materials (NYSE:WFR) is also among the top performers, currently trading at $5.12 representing 6.34% from its previous close. MEMC Electronic Materials, the silicon wafers producer has calculated support and resistance levels at $4.60 and $5.10 respectively. The other top performer of the semis is Veeco Instruments (NASDAQ:VECO), which is trading at $31.95 representing 5.65% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Altera (NASDAQ:ALTR) that is trading at $35.14 or -1.04% from the previous close. Shares of Altera, the maker of programmable logic devices have defined support at $34.56 and resistance at $36.62. Also among the worst performers is Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE:AMD), which is currently trading at $2.4 representing -0.83% from the previous trading session.
Today, the Semis are outperforming the broad market index S&P 500.
- CSX Named To Dow Jones Sustainability Index For Third Consecutive Year
- Mid-Atlantic Industrial Rail Park Receives CSX Select Site Designation
- CSX Corporation Chief Financial Officer to Address Citi's 2013 U.S. and European Industrials Conference
- Critical Alerts For Starbucks, SunPower, CSX, Groupon, and Tyson Foods Released By InvestorsObserver
- National Gateway Completes Phase One Clearance, Applauds Partners
- CSX and Environmental Defense Fund Fellow Foster Innovation, Promote Energy Savings
- CSX Awards Northwest Ohio Community with Partnershipping Award
- CSX Acquires Eastern Associated Terminal in Tampa
- Critical Alerts For CSX, Broadcom, Groupon, Sears, and Organovo Released By InvestorsObserver
- Tuscola Industrial Rail Park Receives CSX Select Site Designation
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines