Sector Wrap Up - Casinos Higher: PENN, PNK
Published on Tuesday, 05 March 2013 17:06 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, March 5th (TradersHuddle.com) - Casino stocks ended the session higher by closing 0.14% versus their previous day close. Casino stocks were mixed with 4 out of 7 casino companies trading higher.
Penn National Gaming (NASDAQ:PENN) was the top performer of the casino stocks today closing at $50.99 representing 2.7%. versus the previous trading session. The shares of Penn National Gaming, the owner and operator of casinos in Mississippi, and a riverboat gaming facility in Louisiana have defined support at $48.84 and resistance at $52.76.
Pinnacle Entertainment (NYSE:PNK) was also among the top performers, closed the trading session at $14.5 representing 1.05% from its previous close. Pinnacle Entertainment, the owner and operator of casinos and casinos resorts throughout the U.S. and Argentina has calculated support and resistance levels at $13.28 and $14.21 respectively.
Casino Stocks worst performers include Las Vegas Sands (NYSE:LVS) that closed the trading session at $50.52 or -1.52% from the previous close. Las Vegas Sands, the owner and operator of casino resorts and convention centers in the U.S., Macau, and Singapore shares have defined support at $48.29 and resistance at $53.15. Also among the worst performers was Wynn Resorts (NASDAQ:WYNN), which closed the trading session at $116 representing -0.47% from the previous trading session.
Casino stocks underperformed the broad market S&P 500 Index that closed the trading session at 1539.14, 13.94 points or 0.91% from the previous trading session.
- Wynn Resorts - Top Performing Casino Stock - Mid-Day Update
- Casino Stocks Wrap Up - Lower: LVS, ASCA
- Las Vegas Sands Is Near Resistance
- Sector Wrap Up - Casinos Higher: PNK, LVS
- Las Vegas Sands Is Moving Above Resistance
- Sector Mid-Day Wrap - Casinos Higher: PNK, PENN
- Ameristar Casinos - Worst Performing Casino Stock
- Casinos Outperfomed: MGM, LVS
- MGM Resorts - Worst Performing Casino Stock
- Las Vegas Sands Is Near a Key Resistance Area
Related Partner Headlines
- UPDATE: Deutsche Bank Reiterates Buy Rating, Raises PT on Penn National Gaming - Benzinga
- Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVS): Today's Featured Leisure Winner - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Imperial Capital Upgrades Penn National Gaming to Outperform, Raises PT - Benzinga
- Wynn Resorts Ltd Stock Hold Recommendation Reiterated (WYNN) - TheStreet.com
- Sears Among Services' Biggest Movers on November 16, 2012 - Investopedia
- Penn National Issues Proposal for $480M Hollywood Casino in Philly - Benzinga
- 3 Stocks Pushing The Leisure Industry Lower - TheStreet.com
- Las Vegas Sands Corp Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (LVS) - TheStreet.com
- Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVS): Today's Featured Leisure Laggard - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Deutsche Bank Reinitiates Coverage on Penn National Gaming at Buy - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,354.40 Trade time:4:40PM EDT Value change:▲121.18 (0.80%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,667.47 Trade time:4:39PM EDT Value change:▲17.00 (1.03%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,498.97 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
Macerich's Santa Monica Place Wins "Best-of-the-Best" Global Shopping Center Award
Qihoo 360 Reports First Quarter 2013 Unaudited Financial Results
BCC Research Expects the Global Market for Engineering Resins and Polymer Alloys and Blends to Reach 28 Billion Pounds by 2018.
Transfer Cases for SUVs Marked Down for Buyers at TransferCasesforSale.com
With Summer Just Around the Corner, Car Rental Express (CRX) Suggests Some Family-Friendly Water Parks to Visit with Children
Cheap Cash Flow Beach Front Condo For Sale in Indian Rocks, States ARME Realty.com
Rentrak Announces Worldwide Box Office Results for Weekend of May 19, 2013
Thatsit, Inc. Now Offers Responsive Web Design