Shares of Schnitzer Steel Hesitating?
Published on Wednesday, 06 March 2013 00:06 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, March 6th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ:SCHN) closed the trading day higher by $0.71 or 2.6% from its previous close. Schnitzer's price action formed what is considered to be a doji close, where the open and close prices are very close to each other, mainly signaling an indecision between buyers and sellers.
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ:SCHN) operates a steel scrap recycling business in the United States. The Company supplies ferrous scrap to export and domestic steel producers through its scrap collection, processing, and deep water facilities. Schnitzer also operates collection and processing facilities, as well as manages other facilities through joint ventures. Schnitzer is one of the largest recyclers of scrap metal in the U.S., and a leading provider of used and recycled auto parts.
Schnitzer's trading range is defined by a trough, which marked calculated support at $28.40 and by a peak that set the resistance point at $31.33. These levels are closely watched by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in Schnitzer Steel or traders that are already holding the stock can use the doji close to their advantage, since the pattern present a short-term pause in the stock's price action. This pause results in an entry point for traders depending of which way the stock resolves this short-term indecision.
The Doji is an important candlestick pattern that provides information on their own and as components in a number of important patterns. Doji form when a security's open and close are virtually equal. The length of the upper and lower shadows can vary and the resulting candlestick looks like a cross, inverted cross or plus sign. Alone, doji are neutral patterns.
Any bullish or bearish bias is based on preceding price action and future confirmation. In the case of Schnitzer Steel, given that the stock finished the session higher, bulls should monitor their positions for confirmation that the stock will continue higher by taking its intraday high. Below a Doji illustration:
- Candlesticks - Bearish Engulfing Schnitzer Steel
- Bulls taking Control of Schnitzer Steel?
- Neutral Short Term Pattern on Schnitzer Steel
- Bears Appeared on Schnitzer Steel
- Schnitzer Steel Bullish Signs
- Bulls and Bears on the Trenches of Schnitzer Steel
- Schnitzer Steel Formed a Bearish Engulfing Candle
- Schnitzer Steel Formed a Bearish Engulfing Candle
- Trading Idea - Schnitzer Steel A Hammer Formed
Related Partner Headlines
- Schnitzer Cutting 300 Jobs; Guides Quarter $0, Sees $0.12 Charge - Benzinga
- Basic Materials Stocks, Including International Paper, Making Big Moves Today - Investopedia
- SXC Health Solutions Corp. (USA) Among the Nasdaq's Biggest Movers - Investopedia
- Royal Gold, Inc. and Other Big Movers In Basic Materials - Investopedia
- Basic Materials Sector's Biggest Movers for July 3, 2012 - Investopedia
- UPDATE: Schnitzer Steel Posts Decline In Q3 Profit - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Jefferies Reduces PT to $34 on Schnitzer Steel Industries on Demand Outlook and Price Headwinds - Benzinga
- Schnitzer Stock Hits New 52-Week Low (SCHN) - TheStreet.com
- Schnitzer Steel Keeps Falling as Morgan Stanley Reiterates Underweight, Slashes Price Target - Benzinga
- UPDATE: DA Davidson Upgrades Schnitzer Steel Industries; Shares Lower on Expectations - Benzinga
Stocks Near 50 and 200 Day Moving Average Trading Above Both Moving Averages - With 50 day below the 200
Stocks Near 50 and 200 Day Moving Average Bullish Configuration 50 Above 200 Day
Near Both 50 and 200 Day - Stocks Trading Above 50 and Below The 200
Candlesticks – Hammer
Stocks Breaking Support
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,112.19 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼206.04 (-1.35%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,628.93 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼22.88 (-1.39%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,443.20 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼38.98 (-1.12%)
In The Wires
Qualcomm Expands Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 Processor Tier
Veris Gold Corp. announces appointments
Hawaiian Electric seeks to speed up development of low-cost renewable energy for Oahu
Truett-Hurst, Inc. Announces Pricing Of Initial Public Offering
Gothic Thriller "Hemlock Grove" Back On Netflix For A Second Season
Enerplus Announces Investor Day Webcast Details
Morguard Sunstone Real Estate Income Fund Liquidation and Payment Schedule
Zamansky & Associates LLC Announces It Is Investigating Sales Practices Concerning Guaranteed Income Riders To Variable Annuities