Is this a Reversal Pattern for Dresser-Rand ?
Published on Wednesday, 06 March 2013 00:12 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, March 6th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Dresser-Rand Group, Inc. (NYSE:DRC) ended the trading session higher by $0.52 or 0.93% from its previous close. Dresser-Rand's price action in the session formed what is considered to be a Hammer, where bears drove prices lower intraday. However, the strong finish indicates that bulls regained control, forming a trend reversal.
Dresser-Rand Group, Inc. (NYSE:DRC) manufactures equipment for the oil and natural gas industries. The Company manufactures oil and gas production, high-pressure field injection, pipeline, refinery, natural gas processing, and petrochemical production equipment. Its products are custom-engineered rotating equipment solutions for long-life, critical applications in the oil, gas, petrochemical and process industries, these products include, centrifugal and reciprocating gas compressors, gas and steam turbines, gas expanders and associated control panels.
Dresser-Rand's stock has been trading in a well defined range with calculated support at $ and resistance at $. This range can be used by traders to plan their next moves.
Traders wanting to establish a position in Dresser-Rand or traders that are already holding the stock can use the hammer formation to their advantage, since the pattern signal a potential bullish trend reversal.
The Hammer is an important candlestick pattern, as it can mark bottoms and support levels. Further buying pressure, and preferably on expanding volume, is needed before acting, as heavy volume will serve to confirm the validity of the reversal.
In the case of Dresser-Rand, traders who want to add to their positions or start a new position, need to watch for confirmation of the reversal. Below a Hammer illustration:
- CSX Named To Dow Jones Sustainability Index For Third Consecutive Year
- Mid-Atlantic Industrial Rail Park Receives CSX Select Site Designation
- CSX Corporation Chief Financial Officer to Address Citi's 2013 U.S. and European Industrials Conference
- Critical Alerts For Starbucks, SunPower, CSX, Groupon, and Tyson Foods Released By InvestorsObserver
- National Gateway Completes Phase One Clearance, Applauds Partners
- CSX and Environmental Defense Fund Fellow Foster Innovation, Promote Energy Savings
- CSX Awards Northwest Ohio Community with Partnershipping Award
- CSX Acquires Eastern Associated Terminal in Tampa
- Critical Alerts For CSX, Broadcom, Groupon, Sears, and Organovo Released By InvestorsObserver
- Tuscola Industrial Rail Park Receives CSX Select Site Designation
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines