Top Performing Dow Component: Boeing
Published on Thursday, 07 March 2013 12:35 Written by Christian Paolinetti
New York, March 7th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is higher trading at 14337.9, which represents 0.29% versus its previous trading session close, with 21 of its components trading in positive territory.
Boeing (NYSE:BA) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $81.74 representing 3.36% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Boeing, the maker of the 787 Dreamliner have defined support at $72.68 and resistance at $77.54.
Bank of America (NYSE:BAC) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $12.22 representing 2.47% from its previous close. Bank of America, the largest U.S. lender has calculated support and resistance levels at $10.98 and $12.42 respectively. The other top performer this morning is JP Morgan (NYSE:JPM), which is trading at $50.63 representing 1.2% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Disney (NYSE:DIS) that is trading at $56.05 or -0.55% from the previous close. Shares of Disney, the largest diversified media company in the world have defined support at $46.96 and resistance at $54.87. Also among the worst performers we have Merck (NYSE:MRK), which is trading at $43.51 representing -0.39% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for December delivery is also trading higher at $85.45 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange higher by $0 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1544.25, which represents 0.18% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 3228.37 that represents 0.19% from previous session.
- TradersHuddle Dow's Update, In focus:PFE, HD, JPM, MSFT, CSCO
- Disney-Pixar's "Monsters University" Hits Campus with Music from Randy Newman and Axwell & Sebastian Ingrosso of Swedish House Mafia
- Critical Alerts For HSBC, Merck, CSX, Wynn Resorts, and Lam Research Released By InvestorsObserver
- Merck Is Close to its 50 Day Moving Average
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: HD, JPM, MCD
- Boeing Begins Certification Testing on 747-8 Performance Improvements
- Trading Idea: - Is Bank of America close to Resistance?
- Worst Performing Dow Component: Cisco
- JP Morgan Is Moving Above Resistance
- Trading Idea: Momentum Building in Merck
Related Partner Headlines
- Banks Cough Up $26.1 Billion in Mortgage Relief - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America, MBIA Death Match Hurts Both: Moody's - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America Will Cut to Hit Earnings: Analyst - TheStreet.com
- Why the U.S. Stinks at Mobile Payments: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- Big Bank Break-Ups Need to Wait: Dudley - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America and Berkowitz Follow Different Scripts: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- New York Community Bank Opens Faster Than Giants After Sandy - TheStreet.com
- Mortgage Delinquencies, Foreclosures Begin to Drop - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: Bank Of America Corporation (BAC) Leads The Day Higher, Wal-Mart Stores (WMT) Lags - TheStreet.com
- Diamond Foods Valuation Under Pressure - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,242.28 Trade time:11:03AM EDT Value change:▼64.89 (-0.42%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,643.13 Trade time:11:03AM EDT Value change:▼12.22 (-0.74%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,446.54 Trade time:11:03AM EDT Value change:▼16.76 (-0.48%)
In The Wires
Grupo Simec, S.A.B. de C.V. announces repurchases of its own shares
Air Products China President Appointed International Senior Economic Consultant to the People's Government of Shaanxi Province
Choice Hotels Teams Up With Yelp, Travel Channel, Food Network and HGTV to Help Travelers Plan Summer Vacations
Invesco Private Capital to Hold "Tools for Success" Forum
Mobiquity Networks Launches Mobile Campaign to Promote Pop Star's upcoming Tour
MDC Partners Expands Global Footprint with China Offerings
General Mills Will Web Cast Its Presentation At The Citi 2013 Global Consumer Conference
First Large-Scale Population-Based Study in the U.S. Shows Hologic's 3D Mammography (Breast Tomosynthesis) Significantly Reduces Recall Rates While Simultaneously Improving Cancer Detection